Powersports / Motorcycles / Sport / CBR250R / Features
2013 Honda CBR250R Features/Benefits
The CBR250R brings motorcyclists an innovative approach to riding, one that's both appealing and fun. Beginners and experienced hands alike will recognize the economy and extreme versatility of this sporty little ride. Equipped with a very efficient 249cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine featuring a sophisticated four-valve DOHC cylinder head, counterbalancer, and PGM-FI fuel injection, plus the option of ABS and more, this dependable lightweight delivers nimble handling, a broad spread of easily accessible power, excellent fuel efficiency and low operating costs, all in one. Put it to work for your daily commute, quick trips around town or weekend back-road explorations; the CBR250R does it all while delivering as much fun per mile as anything around, all at a price that just about anyone can afford.
New for 2013
- New Black wheels (except Repsol Edition).
- New Black exhaust cover.
- New colors include Repsol Edition, Pearl White/Blue/Red, Red and Black. (Repsol Edition available on standard model only.)
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Stylish full fairing with windscreen deflects the oncoming wind to boost rider comfort.
- Sporting ergonomics keep the rider perched in a well-balanced seating position to deliver a natural feel and comfortable stance even over daylong rides.
- 17-inch cast wheels return big-bike feel and handling traits.
- Fuel capacity of 3.4 gallons gives the CBR250R an extended cruising range.
- Grab rails on the tail section are designed to fit gloved hands, giving passengers a dedicated handhold while riding two-up.
- A handy underseat storage area adds to the CBR250R's versatility.
- Multi-function digital instrument pod includes speedometer, tachometer, engine temperature display, fuel gauge, clock, odometer and tripmeter.
- The sophisticated, 249.6cc single-cylinder engine is thoroughly modern in design thanks to its dual overhead camshafts driven by a Hy-Vo-type chain, forked roller rocker arms, four-valve head, shim-style valve adjustment, counterbalancer shaft and liquid cooling.
- The CBR250R's single-cylinder engine produces a remarkably broad torque curve with peak torque generated at an easily accessible 7000 rpm. Peak horsepower kicks in at 8500 rpm, well before the 10,500-rpm redline—further testimony to the wide spread of power. Such power characteristics facilitate smooth, responsive operation while also returning impressive fuel economy.
- The crankshaft runs in plain bearings for quieter operation, and the big end of the connecting rod spins in a low-friction needle bearing.
- Gear-driven counterbalancer shaft helps quell engine vibrations for rider comfort. It's located so close to the crankshaft that the balancer weight passes between the two crank weights to keep the engine as compact as possible while boosting mass centralization.
- Engine countershaft sits lower than the mainshaft to further reduce the front-to-back engine dimension.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture for the existing riding and atmospheric conditions, thereby delivering optimal performance and remarkably crisp throttle response over a wide range of operating conditions, plus increased fuel efficiency.
- PGM-FI system incorporates an Idle Air Control Valve (IACV) to minimize torque reaction and smooth responses to small changes in throttle position. This is accomplished through gradual reductions of air and fuel intake when the throttle is opened and closed.
- Thanks to its single-cylinder configuration, the CBR250R incorporates a light, compact and fuel-efficient powerplant, resulting in an overall package that is remarkably compact and nimble for intuitive handling dynamics.
- The six-speed transmission works in concert with the engine's broad power delivery to produce quick acceleration plus admirable fuel efficiency during top-gear cruising.
- Diamond twin-spar steel frame plus a 37mm front fork and Pro-Link® single-shock rear suspension provide impressive handling and a comfortable ride.
- ABS version available for enhanced braking characteristics.
- Curb weight of only 357 pounds gives the CBR250R outstanding maneuverability and helps instill rider confidence.
Honda Genuine Accessories†
- Passenger Seat Cowl (Black), Carbon Fiber Tank Pad, Carbon Fiber Fuel Lid Cover, Outdoor Cover
† WARRANTY: Because we're so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Genuine Accessories, we're pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. One-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer.