Powersports / Motorcycles / Sport / CBR250R / Features
2011 Honda CBR250R Features and Benefits
The all-new 2011 CBR250R brings a fresh take on the fun side of motorcycling, one that will appeal to a wide range of riders. Beginners and experienced hands alike will key in on the extreme versatility of this sporty, fun-to-ride and affordable new offering from Honda.
Thanks to its extremely efficient 249cc liquid-cooled single cylinder engine—an all-new design featuring a sophisticated four-valve DOHC cylinder head, engine counterbalancer, PGM-FI fuel injection, the option of ABS and more—this dependable and lightweight machine delivers nimble handling, a broad spread of easily accessible power, a 200-plus-mile cruising range and low operating costs all in one. Whether the day calls for a commute to work, quick trips around town or all-day explorations in the countryside, the CBR250R offers as much fun per mile as anything around, all at a price that just about anyone can afford.
- The sophisticated, all-new 249.4cc single-cylinder engine is thoroughly modern in design thanks to its dual overhead camshafts driven by a Hy-Vo-type chain, forked roller rocker arms, four-valve head, shim-style valve adjustment, counterbalancer shaft and liquid cooling.
- The CBR250R's single-cylinder engine produces a remarkably broad torque curve with peak torque generated at an easily accessible 7000 rpm. Peak horsepower kicks in at 8500 rpm, well before the 10,500-rpm redline—further testimony to the wide spread of power. Such power characteristics facilitate smooth, responsive operation while also returning impressive fuel economy.
- The crankshaft runs in plain bearings for quieter operation, and the big end of the connecting rod spins in a low-friction needle bearing.
- Gear-driven counterbalancer shaft helps quell engine vibrations for rider comfort. It's located so close to the crankshaft that the balancer weight passes between the two crank weights to keep the engine as compact as possible while boosting mass centralization.
- Engine countershaft sits lower than the mainshaft to further reduce the front-to-back engine dimension.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture for the existing riding and atmospheric conditions, thereby delivering optimal performance and remarkably crisp throttle response over a wide range of operating conditions, plus increased fuel economy.
- PGM-FI system incorporates an Idle Air Control Valve (IACV) to minimize torque reaction and smooth responses to small changes in throttle position. This is accomplished through gradual reductions of air and fuel intake when the throttle is opened and closed.
- Thanks to its single-cylinder configuration, the CBR250R incorporates a light, compact and fuel-efficient powerplant, resulting in an overall package that is remarkably compact and nimble for intuitive handling dynamics.
- The six-speed transmission works in concert with the engine's broad power delivery to produce quick acceleration plus admirable fuel economy during top-gear cruising.
- Diamond twin-spar steel frame plus a 37mm front fork and Pro-Link® single-shock rear suspension provide impressive handling and a comfortable ride.
- ABS version available for enhanced braking characteristics.
- Curb weight of only 357 pounds gives the CBR250R outstanding maneuverability and helps instill rider confidence.
- Stylish full fairing with windscreen deflects the oncoming wind to boost rider comfort.
- Sporting ergonomics keep the rider perched in a well-balanced seating position to deliver a natural feel and comfortable stance even over daylong rides.
- 17-inch cast wheels return big-bike feel and handling traits.
- Fuel capacity of 3.4 gallons gives the CBR250R a cruising range of more than 200 miles.
- Grab rails on the tail section are designed to fit gloved hands, giving passengers a dedicated handhold while riding two-up.
- A handy underseat storage area adds to the CBR250R's versatility.
- Multi-function digital instrument pod includes speedometer, tachometer, engine temperature display, fuel gauge, clock, odometer and trip meter.
- Exciting colors: Metallic Black and Red/Silver.
Honda Genuine Accessories*
- Passenger Seat Cowl (Black), Carbon Fiber Tank Pad, Carbon Fiber Fuel Lid Cover, Outdoor Cover
* WARRANTY: Because we're so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Genuine Accessories, we're pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. One-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer.