2013 Acura "What's New" Change Summary
2013 Acura ILX
- The all-new Acura ILX went on sale May 22, 2012. Positioned at the gateway to the Acura brand, it serves as Acura's all-new compact luxury sedan.
- The ILX features three powertrain options:
- The entry-level ILX 2.0L is powered by a 150-horsepower, 2.0-liter inline 4-cylinder paired with a 5-speed automatic transmission with Sequential SportShift.
- The ILX 2.4L is powered by a 201-horsepower, 2.4-liter engine paired with a close-ratio, six-speed manual transmission.
- Acura's first-ever gasoline-electric hybrid, the ILX Hybrid, uses a 1.5-liter inline engine and an Integrated Motor Assist® electric motor paired with a Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT). The Acura ILX 1.5L Hybrid has an EPA estimated* fuel economy rating of 39/38/38 mpg.
- With a starting MSRP of $25,900, the Acura ILX offers remarkable value for the money with robust feature content and premium appeal. Standard features include a Keyless Access System with smart entry and pushbutton start, Pandora® internet radio interface, SMS text message, power moonroof and Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink®.
2013 Acura TSX
- The Acura TSX received a mid-cycle refresh in 2011, which included changes to exterior styling, significantly improved NVH, a wide array of new standard and optional features and an all-new variant: the TSX Sport Wagon.
- In 2012, the TSX Special Edition was introduced with numerous upgrades to exterior styling, celebrating Acura's fun-to-drive spirit and 25 year history as a luxury brand in America.
- In 2012, the TSX line up continues to be one of Acura's most popular sedans thanks to a great mix of styling, sporty performance, luxury appointments, good fuel efficiency and outstanding value on a luxury scale.
- The 2013 TSX sedan and Sport Wagon will go on sale in fall 2012 and will have no changes to the lineup.
2013 Acura TL
- In 2012 the Acura TL was significantly refined receiving fresh styling, improved performance and fuel economy and upgraded technology.
- The Acura TL can be equipped with Acura's acclaimed Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™ system (SH-AWD™) along with the option of a close-ratio, six-speed manual transmission for driving enthusiasts.
- The TL will go on sale in fall 2012 and will have no changes for 2013.
2013 Acura RDX
- Completely redesigned for 2013, the new RDX went on sale April 20, 2012 and had an all-time record sales month in May 2012 (up 216.8% compared to May 2011).
- The new Acura RDX is the right-sized crossover SUV with increased comfort, utility and power along with class-leading fuel-economy (EPA estimated* 20/28/23 for the RDX and 19/27/22 for the RDX AWD).
- The Acura RDX features a new 3.5L V-6 with 33 more horsepower than the previous model (273 horsepower), a new six-speed automatic transmission and a new available all-wheel-drive system.
- Standard features on the RDX include leather seating, heated power front seats, a power moonroof and a 360watt audio system. New technologies such as Pandora® internet radio interface, an SMS text messaging function, a Keyless Access System with pushbutton start, an Active Noise Control system and a rear view camera system with three unique viewing angles are also standard equipment.
- Available on the Technology Package, the RDX receives new features including Acura's latest generation navigation system, a hard disk drive (HDD) with 60 gigabytes of storage capacity (15g dedicated for music) and a power actuated rear tailgate.
- The 2013 RDX has received the highest possible safety rating of TOP SAFETY PICK from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) earning a score of GOOD in all categories.
2013 Acura MDX
- The Acura MDX received a mid-cycle refresh in 2010 which included a new engine and transmission, a revised chassis, more comfort, improved technology and a fresh new exterior look.
- The MDX continues to be the best selling seven passenger luxury SUV.
- The 2013 MDX will go on sale in fall 2012 and will have no changes for the model year.
2013 Acura ZDX
- The Acura ZDX receives a mid-cycle refresh for the 2013 model year including exterior styling changes, new technology and will be sold in a single, valued-added package offering clients greater value on a luxury scale.
- Although the ZDX remains a niche vehicle for the Acura brand, it continues to garner attention for its unique styling while transcending the traditional distinctions between coupe, sedan and sport utility vehicle.
- The 2013 ZDX will go on sale in October 2012.
A "Sneak Peak" at What's Coming in 2014
2014 Acura RLX
- The all-new RLX will launch in early 2013 as Acura's new flagship sedan delivering an entirely new level of performance, sophistication and comfort.
- The RLX will boast the interior space of a large luxury sedan with the footprint and agility of a midsize luxury sedan.
- The all-wheel-drive RLX model will employ Acura's highly advanced new Sport Hybrid SH-AWD® system (Super Handling All-Wheel Drive). The performance hybrid system utilizes a front-mounted electric motor, located within the dual clutch transmission, and a unique dual electric motor drive unit with a bilateral torque adjustable control system to instantly generate negative or positive torque to the rear wheels during cornering.
- The RLX will be offered in a 310 horsepower, front-wheel-drive version, which will deliver superior handling performance through the application of a new Acura technology— Precision All Wheel Steer™.
- The RLX equipped with Sport Hybrid SH-AWD® will deliver V-8 acceleration with four-cylinder fuel economy—producing 370 horsepower with an EPA estimated* fuel economy rating of 30/30/30 mpg.
*EPA estimated mileage = city/highway/combined fuel economy
Additional ways to connect with Acura:
Media Information: www.acuranews.com
Consumer Information: www.acura.com
# # #