1994 Acura Integra- Introduction
As the entry-level Acura, the Integra embodies all the virtues that have established Acura as the number one luxury import brand in the U.S. market. It features superb road manners and excellent handling, an advanced powertrain, an aerodynamic exterior shape and a comfortable, ergonomic cockpit designed to make driving enjoyable and safe. The Integra, like all Acura automobiles, is dedicated to the proposition that driving is its own reward.
The technology used in creating the new 1994 Integra is the same that created the high-performance Acura NSX sports car, the luxuriously refined Acura Legend, which has been the number one-selling luxury import model for five consecutive years, and the performance-oriented Acura Vigor.The Acura brand has achieved an enviable reputation for quality and reliability. For the third consecutive year, Acura has been ranked Best Overall Carline in the J.D. Power and Associates® Vehicle Performance StudySM, an industry-wide survey that measures driver satisfaction after three years of ownership.*
Concepts and Goals
The 1994 Integra Sports Coupe and Sports Sedan were designed to achieve:
- Spirited engine performance, with excellent acceleration, sporty, free-revving response, and top-level smoothness and flexibility.
- Crisp, precise handling with excellent driver feedback and steering response.
- Distinctive, aerodynamic styling with high efficiency and low wind noise.
- A rigid structure for accurate handling response, long-term durability, excellent corrosion protection and optimum occupant safety.
- An intimate, highly ergonomic driving environment.
The third-generation 1994 Acura Integra is an all-new automobile redesigned from the ground up. It features a number of technological innovations that enhance performance and handling, and provide high levels of safety, durability, efficiency, comfort and ride quality.The Integra is available as a Sports Coupe or Sports Sedan, and each body style comes in three trim levels --RS, LS and GS-R. For the first time the performance-oriented GS-R is available in a Sports Sedan body style, something that will broaden its appeal to sports oriented drivers who need the practicality of a 4-door configuration.
The Integra has evolved and matured in its three generations. The latest edition is the most highly refined, and offers a comprehensive list of standard luxury, comfort and safety features. It is the only car in its category, for instance, that features a standard driver's and front passenger's air bag Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) in all models. Additionally, features such as a power antenna, lumbar adjustment for the driver's seat, power windows and door mirrors and an AM/FM stereo/cassette music system are now standard in all models. The fun-to-drive aspects of the Integra have been equally enhanced by a newly designed double-wishbone suspension system, a more precise power steering system, and increased horsepower and torque in all models.
Key performance features of the 1994 Integra include:
- 170-hp, 1.8-liter, VTEC-equipped, DOHC, 16-valve, 4-cylinder engine (GS-R)
- 142-hp, 1.8-liter, DOHC, 16-valve, 4-cylinder engine (RS and LS)
- Close-ratio 5-speed manual transmission (GS-R)
- 5-speed manual or an optional electronically controlled, 4-speed automatic transmission with the newly developed Grade Logic Control System (RS and LS)
- 4-wheel independent double-wishbone suspension
- Four-wheel disc brakes
- Variable power-assisted steering with rotary valve steering gear
Key safety features of the 1994 Integra include:
- Standard driver's and front passenger's air bag Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) on all models
- Standard Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) (LS and GS-R)
- 3-point seat belts for outboard passengers
- Projector beam headlights
- Side-Door beams
- Side-intrusion pads
*J.D. Power and Associates® VehiclePerformance StudySM, of 1989 model year cars. Study based on a total of 21,634 consumer responses reflecting owner ratings of the operation, interior environment, comfort and roominess of their vehicle.