1995 Acura Integra- Key Engineering Features
11/15/1994 - Torrance, Calif.
The 1995 Acura Integra Sports Coupe and Sports Sedan feature many of the latest automotive innovations:
- Multi-valve engine technology for high performance.
- Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control (VTEC) system (GS-R model) increases power output.
- Dual-stage intake manifold (GS-R model) broadens the engine's power band.
- Surface-oriented crystal bearing material (GS-R model), derived from our Formula One racing experience, increases engine durability.
- Oil jet piston cooling (GS-R model) reduces engine operating temperature.
- Five-point engine mount with hydraulic vibration damper provides smooth operation.
- Performance-oriented, short-throw, 5-speed manual transmission.
- Four-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission with Grade Logic Control System (optional on RS, LS and Special Edition models).
- Fully independent 4-wheel double-wishbone suspension system combines a smooth ride with sporty handling.
- Sport suspension equipment is standard on all GS-R models.
- Four-wheel disc brakes on all Integra models.
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) is standard on all LS, Special Edition and GS-R models.
- Torque-sensing rotary-valve power steering system for ease of operation and excellent steering feel.
- Projector beam headlights provide outstanding night illumination.
- Numerous components receive special environmental labeling for ease of recycling.
- Driver's and front passenger's air bag Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) is standard on all Integra models.
- Standard air conditioning systems on the LS, Special Edition and GS-R models feature an environmentally friendly refrigerant (R134a).
- Side-impact protection is designed into all Integra models by incorporating side-intrusion door beams and side-intrusion hip pads.
- Leather trim standard on Special Edition and available on GS-R.