Corporate / Headlines
American Honda Posts Second-Best November Sales on Record; Acura Posts nearly 19-Percent Increase on Record Light-Truck Sales
- CR-V sets second consecutive monthly record
- Acura RDX sets 19th consecutive monthly record
- Acura light trucks post record November sales on strength of all-new MDX and RDX
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported November 2013 U.S. total sales of 116,507 units, a decrease of 0.1 percent compared with record November 2012 sales (down 3.9 percent based on the Daily Selling Rate, or DSR*). Year-to-date sales reached 1,390,057, an increase of 7.8 percent. Honda Division November sales reached 101,948, a decrease of 2.3 percent when compared to record division sales last November. Acura Division posted sales of 14,559, an increase of 18.9 percent compared to November 2012.
- CR-V set its second consecutive monthly record for November, with sales of 23,509, up 5.3 percent from November 2012
- Accord, recently named 2014 Green Car of the Year, was Honda's best-selling model in November with sales of 27,093, up 3.2 percent for the month and up 10.6 percent for the year versus 2012
- Honda Division year-to-date sales top 1.2 million, up 7.9 percent for the year
"With our second-best-ever November sales, we likely extended our retail sales lead despite very aggressive market actions by competitors in key high volume segments," said John Mendel, executive vice president of sales at American Honda. "And we're upping the ante as we approach the close of the year with a significantly updated 2014 Civic going on sale in just a few days."
- Acura posted November sales of 14,559, an increase of 18.9 percent compared to last November, with Acura light trucks topping a record set in November of 2006
- MDX was the brand's best-selling vehicle in November with 6,091 units, up 80.8 percent compared to last November
- RDX set its 19th consecutive monthly record with sales of 3,663, up 20.7 percent compared to last year
"It's gratifying that the new MDX has sparked such a strong customer response so shortly after we hit a home run with RDX," said Jeff Conrad, vice president and general manager of Acura sales. "It's clear we've found the sweet spot of the luxury SUV market."
*The daily selling rate (DSR) is calculated with 26 days for November 2013 and 25 days for November 2012. Year-to-date, the DSR is calculated with 282 days for 2013 and 281 days for 2012. All other percentages in release are unadjusted; see table for adjusted DSR figures.
# # #