Powersports / Motorcycles / Crossover / DN-01
2009 Honda DN-01 - Features & Benefits
Honda's reputation for forging new categories in motorcycling takes its latest form in the radical DN-01, a whole new category Honda calls "Crossover." This futuristic machine combines true sporting performance with a fully automatic transmission, a low seat height and exceptional style.
- Colors include Candy Dark Red and Black.
- Powerful four-valve 680cc liquid-cooled V-twin engine.
- HFT transmission is a continuously variable, hydromechanical design that automatically and seamlessly changes drive ratios to produce strong, smooth acceleration. Unlike conventional belt-drive designs, HFT is compact and quiet, no scheduled maintenance and features two automatic modes and a six-speed manual mode with push-button shifting (see Technology Section).
- Low 27.2-inch seat height ensures flat-footed confidence when stopped.
- Large-diameter 41mm front fork and single-shock Pro Arm® Rear Suspension (see Technology Section) provide a sporting ride on low-profile Z-rated radial tires.
- CBS plus ABS (see Technology Section) triple-disc brake system for sure-footed braking in varying conditions.
- Beautiful, aerodynamic design provides protection from the elements.
- Compact 680cc liquid-cooled SOHC 52-degree V-twin provides substantial torque and power for everyday commuting and spirited backroad riding.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI, see Technology Section) with twin 40mm throttle bodies and high-performance 12-hole injectors provide excellent throttle response and fuel economy while contributing to low emissions.
- Auto enrichment system is integrated into PGM-FI to optimize the air/fuel mixture on cold starts and eliminates the need for a choke.
- ECU-controlled, closed-loop emissions control system with oxygen sensor manage the air/fuel mixture and reduce exhaust emissions.
- Front-mounted radiator receives ducted air from fairing shroud to maximize cooling.
- 2-into-1 stainless steel exhaust system with chrome-plated triangular-shaped tailpipe is designed to centralize mass for improved handling.
- HFT offers two fully automatic, infinitely variable transmission modes--"D" (Drive) mode for ordinary riding, and "S" (Sport) mode for sharper acceleration. In addition, a push-button-selectable, six-speed manual mode allows the rider to upshift/downshift with the simple operation of left-thumb-activated buttons.
- The ECU-controlled HFT automatically "downshifts" when climbing steep grades to maintain optimum power.
- HFT provides "lock-up" in cruising mode for maximum fuel economy.
- HFT features button-activated mechanical neutral, permitting engine revving when stopped. Mechanical neutral is automatically engaged whenever the engine is turned off, allowing easy maneuverability.
- Sturdy double-cradle steel tube frame provides exceptional strength and bolt-on seat rail simplifies servicing.
- Stout 41mm front fork with 4.2 inches of supple travel and progressive damping.
- Relaxed 28.5-degree rake and 4.5 inches of trail contribute to comfortable, stretched-out riding position and provide excellent straight-line handling.
- Single shock, Pro Arm Rear Suspension (see Technology Section).
- CBS plus ABS braking (see Technology Section) with two lightweight 296mm floating front rotors and a single 276mm rear rotor.
- Handsome, lightweight 17-inch five-spoke cast aluminum wheels with Z-rated 130/70 ZR17 (front) and 190/50 ZR17 (rear) radial tires offer sport-touring traction and comfort in wet and dry riding conditions.
- The DN-01's sleek, aerodynamic bodywork is functional and beautiful.
- Low, polycarbonate windshield allows some air into the cockpit at lower speeds.
- Low 27.2-inch seat height with wide passenger seat provides all-day riding comfort and allows rider to put both feet down at stops or when parking the motorcycle.
- Well-placed mirrors provide an excellent rear view.
- Spacious rider footboards enhance riding comfort without compromising cornering performance.
- Handy one-touch, cable-actuated parking brake.
- White LED-backlit, LCD instrument panel provides multi-segment tachometer and large digital speedometer displays with dual-trip calculator, clock, six-segment fuel gauge and large turn signal and "neutral" indicators.
- Mass-centralized 4.0-gallon dual-compartment fuel tank with 0.8-gallon reserve.
- Dual-element headlights provide right-side low-beam operation--just like Honda CBR® models—while both beams illuminate in high-beam mode. A brilliant multi-segment LED taillight is integrated into the rear cowl.
- Widely spaced turn indicators are mounted on rearview mirrors for style and function.
- Detachable seat provides storage for a U-lock. (Lock not included.)
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- When you buy a new Honda Powersports Product, you may be eligible to receive a complimentary one-year membership in the Honda Riders Club of America®, which includes an exclusive Members-only magazine, rider training benefits, access to the Members-only Clubhouse Web site and much more. Some limitations apply. For more information on the HRCA®, log on to hrca.honda.com.
Honda Genuine Accessories
- A Custom-Styled Backrest for extra passenger comfort.
- Rugged, full-coverage Body Cover.
- Center Cowl Cover (chrome or carbon fiber) to protect fuel tank.
- Gold Emblems - Kit includes gold colored 3-D badges (two "DN-01" and two "Honda" emblems).