Powersports / ATV / Sport / TRX700XX / Features
2008 Honda TRX700XX Features
The TRX700XX re-defines the Sport category of ATVs with a whole new level of confidence, comfort and high performance. With double-wishbone Independent Rear Suspension (IRS), a unique centered chain drive system, and a fuel-injected 686cc engine making monster torque, the TRX700XX is truly the new Sport ATV "King of the Hill."
- All-new 686cc SOHC liquid-cooled fuel-injected four-valve single-cylinder four-stroke engine.
- Double-wishbone Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) with tuned sway-bar.
- Centered chain final drive system.
- In-gear starting in Forward or easy-to-use Reverse.
- Piggy-back rear shocks with adjustable pre-load.
- Dual-spring front shocks with adjustable pre-load.
- 11-inch diameter rear rims with removable mud scrapers.
- Radical new-style bodywork.
- Available colors are Metallic Black / Silver and Metallic Black / Red.
- 686cc SOHC, four-stroke engine generates the highest peak output in its class.
- Liquid cooling provides consistent engine operating temperature in extreme conditions for maximum power and long engine life.
- PGM fuel injection system with 44mm throttle body for excellent cold weather starting, lower maintainance and consistent performance at high altitudes (seeTechnology Section).
- Gear-driven counterbalancer minimizes engine vibration for smooth, comfortable all-day riding.
- Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioner.
- Closed crankcase vent system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
- CD ignition with electronic advance.
- USDA-qualified stainless steel muffler/spark arrester for quiet operation and maximum power.
- Heavy-duty clutch stands up to sport-ATV demands.
- High-efficiency dry-sump lubrication system features large-capacity oil tank for maximum engine cooling.
- Rugged five-speed transmission with Reverse has components and ratios specifically designed for sport-ATV use.
- Unique, centered transmission with its direct-line chain final drive allows optimum IRS double-wishbone A-arm design
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension uses premium shock absorbers featuring dual single-rate springs that allow a lighter, more compact package with 10.5 inches of fully useable travel.
- Independent double-wishbone rear suspension, made possible by the innovative centered chain drive system - features steel upper and aluminum lower A-arms. Using piggy-back reservoir shocks, the system provides 9.3 inches of fully useable travel.
- Steel frame with removable sub-frame is extremely durable and strong.
- Triple disc brakes for excellent stopping power and weight savings.
- Special, large-diameter 11-inch aluminum rear wheels allow for ideal CV joint angles and A-arm lengths, resulting in superior power delivery, optimum suspension action and improved durability.
- Radial tires with knobby pattern provide superb traction and cornering ability.
- Durable, heavy-duty O-ring-sealed drive chain.
- Easy-to-use dual snail-cam eccentric chain adjusters
- Engine design meets current California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emission standards.
- Convenient push-button electric starting.
- Sculpted, plush seat provides excellent comfort and superb sport riding ergonomics.
- New and uniquely aggressive sports styling.
- Cowl-integrated headlight with dual 30-watt bulbs provides distinctive sport style and excellent function
- Rear LED brakelight.
- Easy access to washable two-stage large-capacity foam air filter.
- Tough, polyethelene push bar up front and polypropelene rear A-arm protectors.
- High Impact urethane protects frame and engine cases..
- Rear mudguards with rigid footrests.
- 8 AH Maintenance-free battery.
- Keyed ignition switch offers added security.
- Simple to operate multi-function handlebar switch.
- Left-hand operated parking brake.
- Tool kit includes tire-pressure air gauge and owner's manual.
- Transferable one-year, limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda USA-certified unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider's Club of America® (HRCA®). Visit www.hrca.honda.com for details.
Honda Genuine Accessories
- Flag Kit.