Powersports / ATV / Utility / FourTrax Foreman 4x4 ES Power Steering
2007 Honda FourTrax Foreman 4x4 ES with Electric Power Steering Features
With Honda's latest longitudinally mounted 475cc engine, versatile Traxlok 2WD/4WD system and new Electric Power Steering, this Foreman offers top-of-the-line features at an affordable price.
Features & Benefits
New for 2007
- Honda's revolutionary Electric Power Steering (EPS™) system offers speedand torque-sensitive steering assistance for increased control and comfort under tough conditions.
- Front and rear suspension are revised specifically for the Foreman with EPS.
- EPS is a unique system consisting of an ECU-programmed electric steering assistance motor and multiple sensors. These sensors measure the handlebar torque applied by the operator as well as the ATV's speed to determine the correct amount of steering assistance required for all conditions. More assistance is provided in rough terrain and at low speeds to decrease the amount of steering effort required, while less assistance is provided at higher speeds and in smooth terrain. This innovative technology also decreases bumpsteer and kickback through the handlebar in all conditions. The sophisticated Showa system includes separate ECU programming for 2WD and 4WD modes, while spring-loaded steering-motor gears minimize play to increase steering feel and feedback at higher speeds.
- Traxlok® enables the rider to shift between 2WD and 4WD with the simple push of a switch and provides quiet, smooth engagement with shift-on-the-fly capability.
- Torque-sensitive front differential reduces torque steer for less steering effort and, when combined with EPS, provides unmatched 4WD steering effort and precision.
- Dual front disc-brake calipers feature a patented built-in scraper system to remove mud and snow from inside the front wheel. This helps to prevent buildup of debris between caliper and rim and ensures consistent braking performance.
- Brake pads feature thick, long-wear material with improved mud durability, feel and control. Pads have an internal scraper that gives audible warning when pad life is low.
- Standard-equipment oil cooler.
- Powerful four-stroke 475cc OHV air-cooled longitudinally mounted engine allows direct driveshaft alignment to both front and rear wheels for improved drivetrain efficiency.
- The overhead-valve arrangement features angled valves in a hemispherical combustion chamber for straighter intake and exhaust flow for improved engine performance.
- Rubber-cushion engine mounting and gear-driven counterbalancer reduce vibration.
- Snorkel-type air-intake system is specially designed to resist water intrusion.
- Integral electric carburetor heater system improves driveability and ensures smooth operation in cold conditions.
- Closed crankcase vent system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
- USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler is constructed of stainless steel.
- Traxlok is easily engaged by pushing a switch on the right handlebar. An electromagnetic mechanical clutch unit located on the center of the propeller shaft engages 4WD with a quiet two-way roller clutch. Traxlok ensures smooth operation by employing a magnetic switching mechanism that engages when front and rear wheel speeds vary by less than 6 mph. A 4WD indicator light on the LCD meter shows "actual" 4WD/2WD engagement status.
- Electric Shift Program (ESP™) provides push-button upshifting and downshifting. The rider shifts simply and precisely with the press of the upshift or downshift button mounted on the left handlebar. An onboard electronic control module (ECM) monitors information from four sensors--engine rpm, countershaft speed, shift drum angle and shift spindle angle--to control the speed of the electric shift motor's gear and clutch engagement. Gear-engagement speed varies according to rider style: The transmission shifts more quickly when riding style turns sporty. A neutral lockout at speeds greater than 2 mph ensures available engine braking when descending hills. For smooth shifting, the transmission cannot be shifted from Neutral to First gear or Reverse gear at engine speeds above 3000 rpm. ESP is not battery-dependent, operating whenever the engine is running. Should the rider ever need to shift manually, the ES model is also equipped with an auxiliary shift lever in the tool kit.
- Super-heavy-duty automatic clutch for excellent driveability and towing capacity.
- Convenient five-speed transmission with Reverse.
- Maintenance-free shaft drive with torque-sensing front differential routes power directly from the longitudinally mounted engine without inefficient directional changes.
- Convenient electric starter with auxiliary recoil starter features an automatic internal decompression system.
- Wet-sump engine carries a large 3.2-quart capacity.
- CD ignition with electronic advance for excellent performance and reliability.
- Reusable foam air filter.
- Rugged frame and suspension provide an exceptional 7.5 inches of ground clearance.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension uses KYB shock absorbers to give 6.7 inches of travel.
- Steel swingarm and dual KYB rear shock absorbers give 6.7 inches of travel.
- Rugged, large-diameter 25x8-12 front, 25x10-12 rear tires provide added ground clearance while maintaining precise handling.
- Dual 180mm front hydraulic disc brakes combine with sealed 180mm mechanical rear drum for excellent stopping capabilities.
- Engine design produces low emissions and meets EPA and California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards.
- Water-resistant left-side glove-box compartment.
- Large cargo racks front and rear allow payloads of 66 and 133 pounds, respectively.
- Heavy-duty trailer hitch with towing capacity of 850 pounds.
- Large, lightweight plastic fuel tank with 4.2-gallon capacity.
- Unique rear-opening storage compartment allows access when rack is loaded.
- Triple headlight system with single 45-watt upper light and dual 30-watt lower lights with multi-reflector lenses for optimal light distribution plus a 21-watt stopand taillight.
- Multi-function LCD digital meter is compact, tough and waterproof, featuring large readouts for fuel gauge, gear position, speedometer, odometer, tripmeter, hourmeter/clock and oil-change reminder. Meter housing includes lights for Reverse, Neutral, oil temperature and front differential indicator.
- Waterproof accessory socket provides 12-volt, 10-amp power with a built-in temperature-type fuse.
- Uniquely designed floorboards allow the rider's feet to grip the footrests while helping to keep mud and debris away.
- Standard over-fenders give excellent mud protection.
- Thickly padded seat provides all-day comfort.
- Large mud flaps keep dirt and debris off of the rider.
- Two-piece boot guards help prevent damage to CV-joint boots.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use controls.
- Keyed ignition switch for added security.
- Triple skid plates.
- Easy-to-use parking brake.
- Top-mounted choke lever for simple operation.
- Handlebar switches, controls and warning labels use easy to understand graphic symbols.
- Standard equipment includes a tire-pressure gauge.
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
- Transferable six-month limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda ATV by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider's Club of America® (HRCA®). Benefits include online access to the Honda Common Service Manual, six issues of the bimonthly Honda Red Rider™ magazine, travel discounts and trip routing, plus access to the HRCA Web site (www.hrca.honda.com). Look for the HRCA support team at select off-road events across the country. For details on the HRCA, dealers should call (310) 783-3958, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Time.
- Flag Kit.