Powersports / ATV / Utility / FourTrax Rancher ES/Rancher
2008 Honda FourTrax Rancher ES/FourTrax Rancher Features
Whether the day calls for work or for fun, the ready-and-willing Rancher is a great partner from sunup to sundown. Take your choice between manual shifting or push-button shifting with Honda's Electric Shift Program (ESP).
Features & Benefits
- New Yellow color joins Red and Olive for 2008
- Rugged OHV liquid-cooled fuel-injected 420cc longitudinally mounted engine allows direct driveshaft alignment to rear wheels for improved drivetrain efficiency.
- Large radiator with cooling fan ensures optimal engine cooling under difficult operating conditions.
- Closed crankcase vent system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
- ES model features Electric Shift Program (ESP™) for push-button up shifting and downshifting (see Technology Section).
- Specially-designed floorboards on all Ranchers allow the rider's feet to grip the footrests while helping to keep mud and debris away.
- Efficient 420cc longitudinally-mounted engine boasts exceptional horsepower and torque and eliminates 90-degree power transfers (see Technology Section).
- Overhead-valve design provides compact engine dimensions for improved ground clearance while maintaining a broad, easy-to-use powerband.
- Keihin fuel-injection system provides crisp performance and ensures trouble-free operation in cold conditions and changing altitudes.
- Rubber-cushion engine mounting and gear-driven counterbalancer reduce vibration.
- Super-heavy-duty automatic clutch with a low engagement point for excellent driveability and towing capability.
- Five-speed transmission with Reverse includes an ultra-low First gear. The manual-shift model uses a foot-operated pedal. The Rancher ES model incorporates Honda's exclusive ESP for easy shifts with the push of a handlebar-mounted button (see Technology Section).
- Convenient electric starting with optional recoil starter and an automatic internal decompression system.
- Washable, foam air filter for easy maintenance and consistent performance.
- Stainless-steel-exhaust header and muffler for superior corrosion resistance.
- Three-chamber muffler baffling uses no packing material that can blow out. Provides long-lasting performance.
- Full transistor ignition with electronic advance for excellent performance and reliability.
- Powerful, 343-watt AC generator.
- Large 7.2-liter airbox with reusable foam air filter provides more air to the engine for increased performance.
- Rugged frame and suspension provide an exceptional 6.5 inches of ground clearance.
- Steering-mechanism design features light effort and a tight turning radius of 8.9 feet.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension uses premium shock absorbers to provide 6.3 inches of suspension travel for a plush, comfortable ride.
- Steel swingarm and single rear shock absorber provide 6.3 inches of suspension travel for superb comfort and compliance.
- Tough, large-diameter 24x8-12 front and wide 24x10-11 rear tires provide added ground clearance while maintaining precise handling.
- Dual hydraulic front disc brakes and sealed mechanical rear drum brakes for strong stops.
- Additional Features
- Engine design produces low emissions and meets EPA and California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards.
- ES model has multifunction LCD digital instrumentation that is compact, tough and waterproof, featuring large readouts for gear position, speedometer, odometer, resettable tripmeter and hour meter. Instrument housing includes indicator lights for Reverse, Neutral, oil-temperature and fuel-injection.
- Combination LED stoplight and taillight.
- Optional waterproof accessory socket provides 12-volt, 10-amp power with a built-in temperature-type fuse.
- Large cargo racks front and rear allow payloads of 66 and 133 pounds, respectively.
- Heavy-duty trailer hitch with towing capacity of 850 pounds.
- Large, lightweight plastic fuel tank with 3.6-gallon capacity.
- Fuel gauge is standard equipment.
- Snorkel-type air-intake system is specially designed to resist water.
- Under-seat storage compartment allows access when rack is loaded.
- Thickly padded seat provides all-day comfort.
- Large fenders give excellent mud protection.
- Twin-headlight system with 30-watt bulbs features multireflector lenses for optimal light distribution.
- USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler designed for quiet operation without wool packing for long-lasting performance.
- Tough 12-amp-hour maintenance-free battery.
- Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use controls.
- Keyed ignition switch for added security.
- Full-length synthetic lower skidplate with integrated front brush guard.
- Easy-to-use parking brake.
- Handlebar switches, controls and warning labels use easy-to-understand graphic symbols.
- Standard equipment includes a tire-pressure gauge.
- FourTrax Rancher ES (TRX420TE) and FourTrax Rancher (TRX420TM) assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
- Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda USA-certified unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider's Club of America® (HRCA®). Visit www.hrca.honda.com for details.
- Flag Kit.
- Recoil Starter.
- 12-Volt Accessory Socket.