Powersports / Motorcycles / Custom / VTX
2008 Honda VTX1300 Tourer Features & Benefits
For 2008, the popular VTX1300 is now available fully decked out for cross-country travel straight from the factory in a turnkey package that's both stylish and functional over the long haul.
Features & Benefits
New for 2008
- Stylish custom windscreen for rider and passenger touring comfort.
- Leather saddlebags with 24-liter capacity provide ultimate touring convenience.
- Chrome backrest for passenger comfort.
- Exclusive Tourer badging on front fender.
- Sleek two-into-two exhaust system features bullet-style mufflers for a classic custom look.
- Stylish chrome side covers.
- VTX1300T colors include Black, Metallic Silver, and Metallic Red
Unique VTX1300T Features
- Deeply valanced front and rear fenders, chrome-hooded headlight, broad fuel tank with tank-mounted instruments, semi-swept handlebar and floorboards with heel-and-toe shifter create a classic retro style that sets the VTX apart from the competition.
- Rider comfort is enhanced with comfortable ergonomics and a firmly padded saddle featuring a low 27-inch seat height.
- VTX1300T features retro-style cast wheels.
- Large 140/80-17 front tire gives the T model a commanding profile.
- 1312cc liquid-cooled 52-degree V-twin delivers strong low-end and mid-range torque, with ample power for passing and relaxed cruising.
- Powerplant features a single-pin crankshaft to accentuate the engine's character.
- Dual two-axis primary counterbalancers minimize harsh engine vibration without eliminating the powerful pulse feeling transmitted by the traditional V-twin design.
- The engine mounting system uses carefully matched hangers to eliminate unwanted vibration, while preserving the powerful character of the V-twin engine.
- Three-Valve Dual Plug Combustion Chamber (see Tech Section)
- Easy -to-service screw-and-locknut valve adjusters.
- Single 38mm constant-velocity carburetor offers crisp throttle response at all engine speeds.
- Electronic control unit (ECU) provides 3-D ignition maps for each cylinder, creating ideal spark advance settings for superb rideability.
- Coolant-heated carburetor improves rideability and ensures smooth operation in cold conditions.
- Unique dry-sump oil system utilizes a closed-crankcase design and places the oil tank inside the gearbox case. The result is a freer-revving engine for improved power and a lower engine height, allowing optimum rider ergonomics and a low 27-inch seat height.
- Chromed two-into-two exhaust system produces a deep exhaust note.
- Radiator with cooling fan maintains consistent engine temperature for optimum performance and long engine life.
- Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioners.
- Sturdy clutch utilizes a rubber clutch-center damper to ensure smooth and quiet shifting.
- Five-speed transmission with carefully selected gear ratios for exciting roll-on performance.
- Shaft final-drive system provides smooth, low-maintenance operation.
- Drive-flange design at the final-drive gear reduces final-drive noise and wear, and simplifies rear wheel installation.
- Massive tubular steel frame contains the engine's power and gives the VTX a long, low, classic stance.
- Large 41mm extended front fork provides 5.1 inches of plush yet responsive travel.
- Dual chromed rear shocks with five-position preload adjustment feature an advanced internal valve system for a comfortable ride.
- Front disc brake features a twin-piston caliper with a large-diameter 336mm stainless-steel rotor. Combined with the rear single-piston caliper and 296mm stainless-steel rotor, the brakes provide excellent stopping power.
- Specially designed tank-mounted chrome housing features a speedometer, odometer/A&B tripmeter and indicator lights for the turn signals, high beam, neutral, oil pressure and coolant temperature.
- Electric speedometer with easy-to-read classic numerals uses an electronic transmission speed sensor , which eliminates the front-wheel-mounted speedometer cable for a clean, uncluttered look.
- Extensive chrome-finish of engine parts includes cylinder-head covers, valve inspection covers, airbox cover, left crankcase cover, clutch cover, and left-rear engine cover.
- Distinctive, chrome-hooded headlight housing features a powerful 55/60-watt halogen bulb with a computer-designed multireflector for superb lighting in all conditions.
- VTX1300T features a stylish chrome tank emblem.
- Handlebar design provides a comfortable, upright riding position.
- Comfortably padded, large-diameter handgrips with polished aluminum handlebar switch housings and triple-clamp assembly.
- 4.8-gallon fuel tank for extended cruising and touring range.
- Powerful 364-watt alternator.
- Durable, maintenance-free 12-amp-hour battery.
- Convenient push-to-cancel turn-signal switch.
- Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Assembled in Marysville, Ohio.
- Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda USA-certified unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider's Club of America® (HRCA®).Visit www.hrca.honda.com for details.
Available Honda Genuine Accessories VTX1300T
Windscreens/Lightbars: Lower Wind Deflectors, Boulevard Screens (two styles: Clear and Tinted), Sport Screen, Chrome Lightbar, Chrome Spotlight Visors.
Leather: Saddlebags (two styles: Studded and Fringed), Leather Touring Bag (three styles: Studded, Fringed and Plain), Leather Front Pouch (three styles: Studded, Fringed and Plain), Leather Tank Belt with Pocket (two styles: Studded and Plain).
Backrest: Chrome Backrest with Pad ( Low style), Deluxe Chrome Backrest w/ Pad, Deluxe Chrome Backrest Trim w/ Emblem, Chrome Rear Carrier, Deluxe Chrome Rear Carrier, Adjustable Chrome Backrest w/ Pad, Chrome Backrest w/ Pad (Tall, Neo-Retro), Chrome Backrest w/ Pad (Low, Neo-Retro), Chrome Backrest Trim (Tall, Neo-Retro), Chrome Backrest Trim (Low, Neo-Retro), Chrome Rear Carrier (Neo-Retro), Chrome Passenger Grabrails.
Chrome: Front Fender Trim, Front Fender Tip, Front Fender Ornament, Chrome Rear Fender Trim, Chrome Solo Seat Rear Carrier, Chrome Seat Rail Trim, Chrome Allen-Bolt Inserts (three sizes: 5mm, 6mm and 8mm), Chrome Driveshaft Cover.
Billet: Master-Cylinder Cap (four styles: Fluted, V Design, Neo-Retro and Chrome), License Plate Frame (three styles: Fluted, V Design and Neo-Retro), Clutch Cover, Timing Cover, Swingarm Pivot Cover Set, Countershaft Cover Trim, Driveshaft Bolt Cover (three styles: Fluted, V Design and Neo-Retro), Dipstick, Banjo-Bolt Covers.
Additional Accessories: Digital Audio System, Cycle Cover, Rubber Heated Grips, Chrome Heated Grips.
(Accessory availability and specifications subject to change without notice.)