Powersports / Motorcycles / Enduro / CRF250X
2006 Honda CRF250X Features & Benefits
Winning magazine shootouts as well as the hearts of serious off-road riders, the CRF250X offers a rare combination of light weight and tractable power in one of the best handling packages in the off-road world.
New for 2006
- Honda Race Team-inspired graphics.
- New lightweight rear hub from CRF®250R.
- New lighter swingarm.
- New lighter rear shock body.
- Lightweight front fork guards and cable brackets from CRF450X.
- New front axle placement as in the CRF250R for improved fork action and turning.
- New intake valve seat material improves valve durability.
- Over all weight reduction 1.1 pounds.
- Electric start system for easy starting in all conditions.
- California model meets California Air Resources Board (CARB) emissions standards.
- Gas-tank capacity is 2.2 gallons.
- Resettable, easy-to-read three-digit odometer.
- USDA-qualified muffler/spark arrester.
- Powerful 35W halogen headlight features an innovative lens for a wide range of illumination.
- Integrated LED taillight in rear fender.
- Convenient sidestand.
- Easy-access air filter.
- Wide-ratio five-speed transmission.
- Suspension tuned for competitive off-road riding needs.
- 18-inch rear wheel for greater flat-tire protection.
- T-ring sealed chain is narrower, stronger and lighter compared to conventional O-ring chains.
- Powerful four-stroke 249cc liquid-cooled four-valve Unicam® engine
is designed to produce power across a wide rpm band for easy-to-control operation.
- Electric starter drives the clutch side of the crankshaft to provide superior lubrication to starter gears, and produce a narrow engine with a short, strong crankshaft.
- Lightweight, compact, internal auto decompressor system provides superb cold- starting and hot-starting operation.
- Compact, lightweight engine assembly weighs only 58.2 pounds.
- Unicam valve train provides the light weight of a compact single-cam design and the optimum combustion chamber shape for maximum power at all engine rpm.
- Unicam valve train features a carburized single camshaft that directly actuates two 31mm titanium intake valves. The camshaft exhaust lobe actuates two 26mm steel exhaust valves via a forked, low-friction, roller rocker-arm.
- Lightweight titanium intake valves permit use of smaller valve springs, reducing overall engine height.
- Crankshaft is made of high-strength, low-carbon steel with carburized main journals for maximum durability at sustained high-rpm operation.
- ACG cover, clutch cover and cylinder-head cover are made of magnesium to reduce engine weight.
- Forged 12.5:1 compression slipper piston is lighter than a conventional design, revving quickly while maintaining excellent cylinder sealing and high-rpm power.
- Double-carburized connecting rod utilizes a big-end needle bearing for maximum high-rpm performance and durability.
- Nikasil cylinder lining is lightweight and provides cooler and quieter operation for extended engine life.
- 37mm Keihin FCR-type carburetor features four rollers on the flat slide, resulting in very light throttle effort, smooth operation, crisp throttle response and excellent rideability.
- Carburetor features a throttle position sensor (TPS) that helps maintain linear throttle response throughout the rpm range.
- Twin-sump lubrication system separates the oil supply for the crankshaft, piston and valve train from the clutch and transmission. This ensures a cool supply of oil to the clutch, eliminates clutch and transmission material contamination of the engine oil, reduces the amount of circulating oil and permits the use of a smaller oil pump.
- Vertically split crankcases feature a built-in oil pump, reducing weight compared to a conventional design.
- Exhaust system uses a lightweight stainless steel exhaust header and muffler equipped with spark arrester.
- Dual radiators feature a refined core area for improved heat dissipation compared to conventional dual-radiator design, and coolant recovery tank.
- Gear-driven balancer reduces vibration and drives the water pump. Eight clutch plates provide the surface area necessary to handle the engine's massive torque, while carefully matched clutch springs provide a light feel at the lever.
- T-ring-sealed chain is approximately 1.6mm narrower, and stronger compared to conventional chains.
- Durable five-speed wide-ratio transmission.
- Fourth-generation twin-spar aluminum frame is derived
from Honda's CR® series. Forged aluminum steering head and tapered downtube
section are designed
frame rigidity. In addition, tall swingarm pivot plates and narrow frame spars
create a narrow overall frame cross-section for superb rider comfort and
- Semi-double-cradle frame design features a single, large-diameter tapered downtube. Two rugged box-section rails attach to the base of the downtube and support the engine. A forged aluminum steering head provides a compact and extremely durable mount for the frame spars and engine downtube.
- The aluminum frame design is matched to rider ergonomics to maximize handling and control operation.
- Swingarm features a dual-axis, double-taper design with a large cast-aluminum cross-member.
- 18-inch rear wheel features same lightweight rear hub and HRC works-type lightweight aluminum spoke nipples as used on the CRF250R.
- Front wheel features large-diameter front axle and wide wheel-bearing span for excellent rigidity.
- Rear-axle diameter of 25mm and large-diameter bearings provide optimum rigidity to withstand torturous off-road conditions.
- Lightweight 47mm inverted Showa twin-chamber cartridge fork with aluminum dampers is derived from the CRF250R and features settings unique to the CRF250X. The fork offers 12.4 inches of travel, and 16-position rebound and 16-position compression damping adjustability. The inner surface of the front fork outer-tubes receives the same honing treatment as works bikes for low-friction operation.
- Pro-Link® single-shock rear suspension system features a fully adjustable Showa rear damper and 12.4 inches of wheel travel, separate low-speed (13 positions) and high-speed (3.5 turns) compression damping adjusters, and 17-position rebound damping.
- Rear shock damper piston diameter is 50mm for consistent performance under demanding riding conditions.
- Compact twin-piston front brake caliper, anodized aluminum brake pistons and lightweight front brake disc minimize unsprung weight for improved turning and handling.
- HRC works-type rear brake system integrates the rear master cylinder and fluid reservoir, eliminating the need for a remote master cylinder reservoir and hose assembly.
- Large 240mm front and rear brake discs.
- All plastic body components (radiator shroud, side covers, rear fender, seat
base, fuel tank, front fender and front number plate) are new design that offers
slimmer, more aggressive styling and light weight.
- Rider ergonomics are optimized by adapting the handlebar, seat and footpeg height to place the rider's legs at the narrowest cross-section of the frame for improved comfort and handling feel.
- Seat cushion uses foam construction that follows the shape of the fuel tank, providing a smooth transition to increase rider mobility and comfort.
- "Non-slip" seat cover for increased rider control.
- Rear brake pedal and shift lever are made of lightweight aluminum and are designed to complement the riding position. Brake pedal features optimized ratio to match integrated rear-brake master-cylinder design.
- Wide, cleated stainless steel footpegs are self-cleaning, resist corrosion, provide excellent grip and fold for extra ground clearance.
- Aluminum Renthal handlebar (971 bend) is rubber-mounted to reduce rider fatigue and improve comfort.
- CR handlebar holders provide three different mounting positions: standard CRF250X holder (CRF450R/CR125R/CRF250R-type) provides +/- 3mm fore or aft position to match rider preference, and optional holder (CR250R-type) provides neutral position.
- Works-type handlebar grips add to rider comfort.
- Adjustable front brake lever.
- Quick-adjust clutch.
- Chain guide material offers improved wear resistance, and service life is five times greater than conventional materials.
- Front disc brake cover helps protect rotor and caliper from damage.
- Removable rear subframe allows easy maintenance.
- Washable, two-stage foam air filter for optimal engine protection and easy maintenance.
- Comfortable, durable controls and high-quality fasteners.
- Stainless steel clutch cable for long life.
- Honda Racing-inspired colors and graphics.
- Ownership includes one-year complimentary membership for an individual in the Honda Rider's Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include: discounts, travel benefits, roadside assistance, one year of Honda Red Rider™ magazine, access to HRCA Clubhouse Web site (www.hrca.honda.com) and access online to Honda Common Service Manual. For HRCA details, call 1-800-847-HRCA.