Powersports / Motorcycles / Enduro / CRF250X
2008 Honda CRF250X Features & Benefits
Winning magazine shootouts as well as the hearts of serious off-road riders, the CRF250X offers a rare combination of light weight and tractable power in one of the best handling packages in the off-road world.
Features & Benefits
New for 2008
- New works-type front and rear brake discs reduce unsprung weight.
- New Dunlop 742FA front tire for improved turning feel and traction.
- New narrow-design fuel tank for improved rider ergonomics.
- Electric start system for easy starting in all conditions.
- Gas-tank capacity is 1.9 gallons.
- Resettable, easy-to-read three-digit odometer.
- USDA-qualified muffler/spark arrester.
- Powerful 35w halogen headlight features an innovative lens for a wide range of illumination.
- Integrated LED taillight in rear fender.
- Convenient sidestand.
- Easy-access air filter.
- Wide-ratio five-speed transmission.
- Suspension tuned for competitive off-road riding needs.
- 18-inch rear wheel for greater flat-tire protection.
- Powerful four-stroke 249cc liquid-cooled four-valve Unicam® engine is designed to produce power across a wide rpm band for easy-to-control operation (see Technology Section).
- Electric starter drives the clutch side of the crankshaft to provide superior lubrication to starter gears, and produce a narrow engine with a short, strong crankshaft.
- Compact, lightweight engine assembly weighs only 59.3 pounds.
- ACG cover, clutch cover and cylinder-head cover are made of magnesium to reduce engine weight.
- Forged 12.9:1 compression slipper piston is lighter than a conventional design, revving quickly while maintaining excellent cylinder sealing and high-rpm power.
- 37mm Keihin FCR-type carburetor features four rollers on the flat slide, resulting in light throttle effort, smooth operation, crisp throttle response and excellent rideability.
- Carburetor features a throttle position sensor (TPS) to help maintain linear throttle response throughout the rpm range.
- Twin-sump lubrication system separates the oil supply for the crankshaft, piston and valve train from the clutch and transmission. This ensures a cool supply of oil to the clutch, eliminates clutch and transmission material contamination of the engine oil, reduces the amount of circulating oil and permits the use of a smaller oil pump.
- Exhaust system uses a lightweight stainless steel exhaust header and muffler equipped with spark arrester.
- Dual radiators feature a refined core area for improved heat dissipation compared to conventional dual-radiator design, and coolant recovery tank.
- Gear-driven balancer reduces vibration and drives the water pump. Eight clutch plates provide the surface area necessary to handle the engine's massive torque, while carefully matched clutch springs provide a light feel at the lever.
- T-ring-sealed chain is approximately 1.6mm narrower and is stronger compared to conventional chains.
- Durable five-speed wide-ratio transmission.
- -Fourth-generation Twin-Spar Aluminum Frame with forged-aluminum steering head (see Technology Section).
- 18-inch rear wheel features same lightweight rear hub and HRC works-type lightweight aluminum spoke nipples as used on the CRF250R.
- Front wheel features large-diameter front axle and wide wheel-bearing span for excellent rigidity.
- Rear-axle diameter of 25mm and large-diameter bearings provide optimum rigidity to withstand torturous off-road conditions.
- Revised, sophisticated Inverted Twin-Chamber Cartridge Fork (see Technology Section).
- Pro-Link® Rear Suspension with new damper settings (see Technology Section).
- Large 50mm rear shock damper piston diameter for consistent performance under demanding riding conditions.
- HRC works-type rear brake system integrates the rear master cylinder and fluid reservoir, eliminating the need for a separate reservoir and hose assembly.
- Rider ergonomics are optimized by adapting the handlebar, seat and footpeg height to place the rider's legs at the narrowest frame width for improved comfort and handling feel.
- Rear brake pedal and shift lever are made of lightweight aluminum and are designed to complement the riding position. Brake pedal features optimized ratio to match integrated rear-brake master-cylinder design.
- Wide, cleated stainless steel footpegs are self-cleaning, resist corrosion, provide excellent grip and fold for extra ground clearance.
- Aluminum Renthal handlebar (971 bend) is rubber-mounted to help reduce rider fatigue and improve comfort.
- Handlebar holders provide two different mounting positions to match rider preference.
- Works-type handlebar grips add to rider comfort.
- Adjustable front brake lever.
- Quick-adjust clutch.
- Chain guide material offers improved wear resistance, and service life is five times greater than conventional materials.
- Front disc brake cover helps protect rotor and caliper from damage.
- Removable rear subframe allows easy maintenance.
- Washable, two-stage foam air filter for optimal engine protection and easy maintenance.
- Comfortable, durable controls and high-quality fasteners.
- Stainless steel clutch cable for long life.
- Honda Racing™-inspired colors and graphics.
- Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda USA-certified unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider's Club of America® (HRCA®). Visit www.hrca.honda.com for details.