Powersports / Motorcycles / Enduro / CRF250X
2012 Honda CRF250X - Features & Benefits
It’s the machine that delivers a just-right balance of light weight, exemplary handling and tractable four-stroke power: the CRF250X. This handy, agile and thoroughly capable off-road mount flat-out sets the standard for 250-class performance among the off-road crowd whether you’re into racing or just fun-time explorations through the woods.
New for 2012
- Bold new graphics.
- Electric-start system for easy starting in all conditions.
- Gas-tank capacity is 1.9 gallons, including 0.4-gallon reserve.
- USDA-qualified muffler/spark arrester.
- Powerful 35-watt halogen headlight features an innovative lens for a wide range of illumination.
- Integrated LED taillight in rear fender.
- Easy-access air filter.
- Suspension tuned for competitive off-road riding needs.
- 18-inch rear wheel for greater flat-tire protection.
- Powerful four-stroke 249cc liquid-cooled four-valve Unicam® engine is designed to produce power across a wide rpm-band for easy-to-control operation.
- Forged 12.9:1-compression slipper piston is lighter than a conventional design, revving quickly while maintaining excellent cylinder sealing and high-rpm power.
- 37mm Keihin FCR-type carburetor features four rollers on the flat slide, resulting in light throttle effort, smooth operation, crisp throttle response and excellent rideability.
- Carburetor features a Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) to help maintain linear throttle response throughout the rpm range.
- Twin-sump lubrication system separates the oil supply for the crankshaft, piston and valve train from the clutch and transmission. This ensures a cool supply of oil to the clutch, eliminates clutch and transmission material contamination of the engine oil, reduces the amount of circulating oil and permits the use of a smaller oil pump.
- Exhaust system uses a lightweight stainless-steel exhaust header and muffler equipped with USDA-qualified spark arrester.
- T-ring-sealed chain is approximately 1.6mm narrower and is stronger compared with conventional chains.
- Durable five-speed wide-ratio transmission.
- Fourth-generation Twin-Spar Aluminum Frame with forged-aluminum steering head.
- 18-inch rear wheel features same lightweight rear hub and HRC works-type lightweight aluminum spoke nipples as used on the CRF250R.
- Front wheel features large-diameter front axle and wide wheel-bearing span for excellent rigidity.
- Rear-axle diameter of 25mm and large-diameter bearings provide optimum rigidity to withstand torturous off-road conditions.
- Large 50mm-diameter rear shock damper piston for consistent performance under demanding riding conditions.
- HRC works-type rear brake system integrates the rear master cylinder and fluid reservoir, eliminating the need for a separate reservoir and hose assembly.
- Aluminum Renthal handlebar (971 bend) is rubber-mounted to help reduce rider fatigue and improve comfort.
- Handlebar holders provide two different mounting positions to match rider preference.
- Front disc brake cover helps protect rotor and caliper from damage.
- Removable rear subframe allows easy maintenance.
- Washable, two-stage foam air filter for optimal engine protection and easy maintenance.
- Honda Racing-inspired colors and graphics.