Powersports / Motorcycles / Enduro
2013 Honda CRF50F Features and Benefits
For decades, Honda has offered a full line of off-road bikes stair-stepped in size and displacement to meet the specific needs of riders just entering the sport. The renowned CRF50F has long served as an incredibly suitable and efficient first step for beginning riders thanks to a strong and tough 49cc four-stroke engine, automatic clutch and three-speed gearbox, plus an inverted fork. With credentials like these, it's no wonder the dependable CRF50F has been the bike of choice for beginners for more than 40 years.
New for 2013
- New Honda Racing-inspired colors and graphics.
- Dependable 49cc SOHC four-stroke engine develops smooth, easy-to-use power.
- 10.0:1 compression ratio for good performance and easy kick starting.
- Maintenance-free CD ignition and automatic cam-chain tensioner.
- 11mm piston-valve carburetor offers excellent fuel mileage and throttle response throughout the rpm range.
- Smooth-shifting three-speed transmission and automatic clutch offer simple operation and easy takeoffs.
- Durable #420 drive chain offers dependable operation and low maintenance.
- USDA-qualified muffler/spark arrester is efficient and quiet.
- Closed crankcase ventilation system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
- High-tensile steel frame and swingarm offer excellent balance of strength and compliance.
- Inverted telescopic fork offers a plush 3.8 inches of suspension travel.
- Single-shock rear suspension provides 2.8 inches of well-damped travel and is mounted to a reinforced swingarm.
- 28-spoke, 10-inch-diameter wheels with die-cast-aluminum hubs look great, provide excellent maneuverability and offer smooth ride quality.
- Powerful, lightweight front and rear drum brakes.
- Wide, long-wearing off-road tires offer excellent traction.
- Front and rear suspension spring and damping rates for optimum rider comfort and bump absorption.
- CRF®-R-inspired bodywork.
- Narrow 4.3-inch-wide CRF-type seat, slim fuel tank and extra-low 21.6-inch seat height provide excellent comfort and mobility for a broad range of young riders.
- Adjustable throttle limiter.
- Keyed ignition switch prevents unauthorized use.
- Motocross-style handlebar with padded protector.
- High-quality, comfortable grips.
- Small overall size and light weight simplify transport.
- Easy-access washable foam air filter simplifies maintenance.
- Folding, cleated footpegs offer secure footing even in muddy conditions.
- Durable plastic fenders are nearly indestructible.
- Transferable six-month limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.