Powersports / Motorcycles / Motocross / CRF250R
2009 Honda CRF250R - Features & Benefits
09/05/2008 - Torrance, Calif.
Innovative design has made Honda's dual-muffler CRF250R a champion on the track as well as a multiple-time repeat-winner in magazine comparison tests.
New for 2009
- New cylinder-head combustion chamber shape improves power in the lower- to mid-RPM range.
- New longer exhaust header is tuned to work in conjunction with the new cylinder head for improved power.
- New four-dog transmission gears, revised shift drum and shift drum arm produce more positive shifting.
- Reshaped works-style 240mm front brake rotor is 1.3 ounces lighter. Front disc guard is smaller, lighter and vented.
- New 240mm rear brake rotor features works-style pattern and is 1.0 ounce lighter. New plastic disc guard saves 4 grams of weight.
- New gray-color magnesium cylinder-head cover, clutch cover and left sidecover.
- New handgrip design is 3mm longer.
- Powerful four-stroke 249cc liquid-cooled four-valve Unicam® engine (see Technology Section).
- Lightweight titanium intake valves permit the use of smaller valve springs and reduce overall engine height.
- ACG cover, clutch cover and cylinder-head cover are made of magnesium to reduce engine weight.
- Forged 13.1:1-compression slipper piston and rings are lighter than a conventional design, revving quickly while maintaining excellent cylinder sealing and high-rpm power.
- Lightweight, compact, internal, auto decompression system and handlebar-mounted hot-start system provide superb operation, hot or cold.
- Lightweight Nikasil cylinder lining provides cooler and quieter operation for extended engine life.
- 40mm Keihin FCR carburetor features four rollers on the flat slide, resulting in light throttle effort, smooth operation, crisp throttle response and excellent rideability.
- Carburetor features a Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) that helps maintain a linear throttle response throughout the range and new jetting for smoother power response.
- Twin-sump lubrication system separates the oil supply for the crankshaft, piston and valve train from the clutch and transmission. This ensures a cool supply of oil to the clutch, eliminates clutch and transmission material contamination of the engine oil and reduces the amount of circulating oil, which permits the use of a smaller oil pump.
- Dual-muffler exhaust system centralizes mass and reduces turning inertia to improve the lightweight feel of the bike.
- Dual-muffler exhaust system also increases low-rpm torque.
- Exhaust system uses a lightweight stainless header and repackable aluminum mufflers.
- Gear-driven balancer reduces vibration and drives the water pump.
- Rugged eight-disc clutch and carefully matched clutch springs for light feel at the lever.
- Durable five-speed close-ratio transmission.
- Fourth-generation Twin-Spar Aluminum Frame with forged-aluminum steering head (see Technology Section).
- HPSD features a compact damper attached to the lower triple clamp and the steering head to allow more aggressive steering characteristics and assist straight-line handling. Damping action smoothly progresses as handlebar deflection increases, which produces very natural steering characteristics and feel.
- Front and rear wheels feature HRC works-type lightweight-aluminum spoke nipples.
- Front wheel features large-diameter front axle and wide wheel-bearing span for excellent rigidity.
- Large 25mm rear-axle diameter and large-diameter bearings provide significant rigidity to withstand torturous track conditions.
- Revised, sophisticated Inverted Twin-Chamber Cartridge Fork (see Technology Section).
- Pro-Link® Rear Suspension with new damper settings (see Technology Section).
- Large 50mm-diameter rear shock damper piston for consistent performance under demanding riding conditions.
- Link-type front brake master cylinder and a lightweight brake rotor provide strong braking.
- Compact twin-piston front-brake caliper, anodized-aluminum brake pistons and lightweight front-brake disc minimize unsprung weight for improved turning and handling.
- HRC works-type rear-brake system integrates the rear master-cylinder and fluid reservoir, eliminating the separate reservoir and hose.
- Large works-style 240mm front- and rear-brake discs.
- Frame design allows airbox sidecovers to have larger intake ducts, contributing to significant airflow in the mid- and upper-rpm ranges.
- Rider ergonomics are optimized by adapting the handlebar, seat and footpeg height to place the rider's legs at the narrowest frame width for improved comfort and handling.
- Dunlop D742FA front and D756 rear tires for improved traction and cornering.
- Front disc brake cover helps protect rotor and caliper from damage.
- Removable rear subframe allows easy maintenance.
- Washable, two-stage foam air filter for optimal engine protection and easy maintenance.
- Comfortable, durable controls and high-quality fasteners.
- Stainless-steel clutch cable for long life.
- Honda Racing-inspired colors and graphics.
- Cleated rear brake pedal and folding shift lever are made of lightweight aluminum and are designed to complement the riding position.
- Brake pedal features optimized ratio to match integrated rear-brake master-cylinder design.
- Wide, cleated, stainless-steel footpegs are self-cleaning, resist corrosion, provide excellent grip and fold for extra ground clearance.
- Aluminum Renthal handlebar (971 bend) is rubber-mounted to help reduce rider fatigue and improve comfort.
- When you buy a new Honda Powersports Product, you may be eligible to receive a complimentary one-year membership in the Honda Riders Club of America®, which includes an exclusive Members-only magazine, rider training benefits, access to the Members-only Clubhouse Web site and much more. Some limitations apply. For more information on the HRCA®, log on to hrca.honda.com.