Powersports / Motorcycles / Sport / CBR600RR / Features
2012 Honda CBR600RR Features and Benefits
The CBR600RR melds a light and compact chassis with impeccable power delivery to create a balanced combination that remains a favorite among sport riders. In racing, no other 600cc machine has won more AMA and World Supersport championships than Honda's CBR600. Also available with Honda's unique Combined ABS for the pinnacle of sportbike braking performance, the CBR600RR continues to lead the way in the middleweight class.
New for 2012
- New Red color joins Black. (C-ABS available in Black only.)
- Exclusive, MotoGP-derived Unit Pro-Link® Rear Suspension.
- Programmed Dual Stage Fuel Injection System (PGM-DSFI) features two injectors per cylinder.
- MotoGP-derived Honda Electronic Steering Damper (HESD).
- High-revving engine redlines at 15,000 rpm.
- MotoGP-style center-up exhaust system.
- 41mm Honda Multi-Action System (HMAS) inverted front fork.
- Centrally located fuel tank increases mass centralization for a more compact frame design.
- Instrumentation is very compact and features LCD panel with tachometer, odometer/A&B twin tripmeters, speedometer, fuel gauge and clock.
- Line-beam headlights feature three-piece multi-reflector design.
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Liquid-cooled DOHC 16-valve 599cc four-stroke inline four-cylinder engine features oversquare bore and stroke of 67mm x 42.5mm.
- Idle-Air Control Valve (IACV) minimizes torque reaction and smooths response to small throttle changes through gradual reductions of air and fuel intake.
- Non-resonance knock sensor maintains optimum spark advance while constantly monitoring combustion performance during mid- to high-rpm operation.
- Intake ports use the latest shot-peening technology that improves power and torque characteristics.
- Crossover balance tubes on exhaust and an exhaust pressure valve in the muffler similar to the valve used in the CBR1000RR.
- Nose-mounted, two-stage ram-air system provides high volume of cool air to the airbox for linear power delivery and incredible engine performance.
- Lightweight magnesium head cover.
- Direct shim-under-bucket valve actuation ensures high-rpm performance and durability with 16,000-mile maintenance intervals.
- Lightweight, forged-aluminum pistons incorporate special shot-peening for added strength.
- Lightweight stainless-steel 4-into-1 exhaust features inline-exhaust valve to control exhaust pressure for increased performance.
- Smooth-shifting close-ratio six-speed transmission with ratios closely matched to the engine's powerband.
- Fine Die-Cast frame uses four large castings for ultra light weight.
- 41mm inverted HMAS cartridge front fork features spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability for precise suspension tuning.
- Exclusive MotoGP-derived Unit Pro-Link Rear Suspension.
- Radial-mounted monoblock four-piston front calipers feature chromium-plated aluminum pistons and squeeze lightweight 310mm floating discs in front and a 220mm rear disc with a single-piston caliper for exceptional stopping power.
- CBR600RR ABS features Honda Electronic Combined ABS. This all-new Electronic Control Module (ECM), hydraulically actuated system provides accurate braking force distribution to both wheels. ABS is controlled by a hydro-electronic unit and stroke simulator to ensure precise operation. Benefits include consistent lever pressure without the pulsing often associated with ABS. Application of rear brake does not result in immediate front brake activation unless lock-up is sensed, allowing an experienced rider to use rear brake in a normal manner during spirited riding. Combined ABS components are smaller and lighter than conventional hydraulic ABS designs, and have been located nearer to the center of the machine, enhancing mass centralization and reducing unsprung weight.
Honda Genuine Accessories*
- Color-matched Seat Cowl, Standard Cycle Cover, Racing Cycle Cover, U-Lock, Carbon Fiber Front Tank Trim, Carbon Fiber License Plate Frame, Carbon Fiber Fuel Lid Cover, Carbon Fiber Tank Pad, Carbon Fiber Knee Pads