Powersports / Motorcycles / Sport Touring
2008 Honda ST1300/ST1300 ABS Features & Benefits
For those seeking long-distance comfort along with exemplary engine performance and superior handling, the ST1300 earns high marks from riders all around the globe.
Features & Benefits
New for 2008
- Available in Candy Dark Red.
- Powerful, liquid-cooled 1261cc longitudinally mounted V-4 engine delivers effortless acceleration and passing power.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PFM-FI) (see Technology Section).
- Aluminum frame combines optimal rigidity and tuned flex to produce excellent handling, superb riding comfort and wonderful road feel.
- Linked Braking System (LBS) (see Technology Section).
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) model available. (see Technology Section)
- Touring features include full-coverage bodywork, three-way adjustable rider's seat and two large 35-liter detachable saddlebags. Both models feature a push-button, motor-driven windscreen that adjusts to alter height and angle.
- Compact, powerful 1261cc DOHC 90-degree V-4 engine with an oversquare bore and stroke of 78mm x 66mm and longitudinal engine-mounting improves power flow and drivetrain efficiency.
- The ST1300's low center of gravity contributes to enhanced low-speed handling. The 360-degree crank contributes to a very broad powerband. Two engine counterbalancers virtually eliminate primary and secondary vibration. Both gear-driven counterbalancer shafts are installed in the lower crankcase to the left side of the crankshaft. The first shaft is driven directly by the crankshaft at a 2:1 ratio. The second shaft is positioned below the first and is driven in the opposite direction by the first balancer shaft's drive gear. The combination of these two balancers ensures a supremely comfortable ride for long-distance touring.
- Direct shim-under-bucket valve actuation system ensures high-rpm durability and allows 16,000-mile valve-maintenance intervals.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) (seeTechnology Section).
- Electronic Control Unit (ECU) closed-loop emissions system utilizes two oxygen sensors to constantly deliver a precise air/fuel mixture, while two exhaust catalyzers further reduce emissions.
- Four-into-two stainless-steel exhaust system features a pair of attractive, triangular-section 5.4-liter mufflers with stainless-steel heat shields. - High-output, air-cooled, 660-watt alternator is located between the cylinder banks, contributing to a shorter and more compact engine design.
- U-shaped aluminum radiator has excellent cooling capacity, and a ring-type fan draws air through the radiator at low speeds to ensure stable operating temperatures for consistent performance and long engine life.
- Quiet and reliable shaft-drive system is virtually maintenance-free.
- Aluminum frame features a massive steering head casting and triple-box-section spars. The V-4 engine serves as a tuned, stressed frame member. The solid engine-mounting system utilizes specially designed hangers and carefully matched mounting bolts to provide both excellent road feel and minimal engine vibration.
- Lightweight, aluminum swingarm is carefully matched to the frame to provide an ideal balance of rigidity and tuned flex for optimal handling.
- Rigid, aluminum upper triple-clamp and a 45mm Honda Multi-Action System (HMAS) cartridge front fork provide excellent suspension control in a wide range of riding conditions.
- The rear suspension incorporates a single shock, which mounts directly on the swingarm. The shock offers 1.2 inches of spring preload adjustability.
- Linked Braking System™ (LBS™) (see Technology Section)
- ABS model combines with LBS for a wide range of braking and steering control. (see Technology Section)
- The ST1300's 310mm stainless-steel, floating front-brake discs feature lightweight seven-spoke inner rotors, and a 316mm rear rotor saves another 10.5 ounces, further reducing unsprung weight.
- Silver wheels are three-spoke U-section cast-aluminum. The 5.0-inch-wide rear sports a large, low-profile 170/60ZR-17 radial tire. The 3.5-inch-wide front wheel carries a 120/70ZR-18 radial tire.
- Three-position rider's seat provides an adjustment range of 1.2 inches vertically and 1.0 inch horizontally. From the forward and lowest position, the seat can be moved up 0.6 inches and back approximately 0.5 inches to the middle position, and again by the same amount to the highest rear position.
- A motor-driven adjustable windscreen offers 7.4 inches and 13 degrees of adjustability for greater wind protection and touring comfort. A thumb-operated pushbutton on the left handlebar operates the windscreen motor. An additional 2.3 inches of manual adjustment is possible by repositioning the windscreen on the mounting brackets.
- Integrated lockable and detachable saddlebags hold 35 liters each (large enough for a full-face helmet). The saddlebags contain straps to limit bag opening to 90 degrees to better secure the contents. The straps are easily unbuckled when the bags are dismounted, permitting full access.
- Rugged, plastic-covered body-protector stays extend outward to protect the bodywork in case of a tip-over.
- Dual-section fuel tank carries 5.5 gallons of fuel in the conventional tank location with an additional 2.2 gallons located in a sub-tank located low in the chassis. This results in exceptional fuel capacity with a low center of gravity.
- Headlight features dual lenses with twin-filament H4 low/high beam bulbs and multireflectors.
- A convenient push button located on the left side of the fairing electrically adjusts the headlight height over a 2.5-degree range.
- Roomy cockpit and ergonomically designed dual-density seat offer true long-haul comfort.
- Attractive, lightweight two-piece aluminum handlebars.
- A locking left-side fairing pocket offers the carrying capacity of an automobile console; a weather-resistant vinyl lid covers the right-side pocket.
- Breakaway rear-view mirrors minimize damage in the event of a tip-over.
- Padded passenger grabrails.
- Convenient centerstand assist-lever folds neatly away when not in use.
- Integrated front and rear turn signals.
- Integrated ignition switch/fork lock. A single ignition key operates all locks.
- Transferable three-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda USA-certified unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider's Club of America® (HRCA®). Visit www.hrca.honda.com for details.
Honda Genuine Accessories
- Touring Accessories: Removable Saddlebag Liner Set, Saddlebag Scuff-Pad Set, Knee-Pad Set, Mirror Air-Deflector Set, Fairing Air-Deflector Set, Tank Pad.
- Additional accessories: 12-volt DC Accessory Socket, Heated Grips, Cycle Cover.