Powersports / Motorcycles / Sport
2010 Honda VFR1200F Features & Benefits
Drawing from a longstanding legacy of innovation within Honda's V-4 lineup, the 2010 VFR1200F embodies the new generation of V-4 technology and unsurpassed rider benefits, setting the stage for Honda's next 50 years. Honda's V-4 heritage and VFR tradition is fully realized in the VFR1200F. It has been re-created in astonishingly innovative form through the fusion of advanced technology imported from the MotoGP world and other cutting-edge environments. Net result: a futuristic sport motorcycle created for the sheer joy of riding, custom tailored for experienced hands who ride hard, ride long, ride far and ride often.
- Honda MotoGP V-4 engine technology and architecture bring cutting-edge performance to the VFR1200F.
- Unique cylinder layout with rear two cylinders located innermost on the crankshaft and front cylinders located outboard narrows the rider interface aboard the VFR1200F.
- Throttle By Wire for next-generation throttle response.
- Optional Dual Clutch Automatic Transmission with manual mode and automatic mode with two D/S modes and paddle-style shifters offers unparalleled freedom through innovative technology.
- Next-generation shaft drive system with offset pivot point and sliding constant-velocity joint for a new level of shaft-drive performance and control.
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Light and compact 1237cc liquid-cooled 76-degree V-4 pumps out amazing levels of power with a distinctive V-4 feel and sound.
- Symmetrically Coupled Phase-shift Crankshaft uses 28-degree crankpin offset to eliminate primary engine vibration.
- Asymmetrical exhaust lengths between front and rear cylinders boost power production and enhance power feel.
- Lightweight and compact Unicam® valvetrain allows for significantly smaller cylinder heads.
- Honda slipper clutch in manual-shift model allows unencumbered sport riding.
- GP technology layer-concept aero fairing for unrivaled air management.
- Honda Pro Arm® single-sided swingarm with single gas-charged shock delivers cutting-edge rear suspension action; features handy remote spring preload adjuster, rebound damping adjustability and 5.1 inches of travel.
- Stout, sport-oriented 43mm inverted cartridge fork with spring preload adjustability and 4.7 inches of travel.
- New controls with smoother and more precise tactile feel enhance the riding experience.
- New-technology seat construction permits a higher level of seat shaping and forming details.
- Saddlebag mounts come standard on both versions of the VFR1200F.