Powersports / Motorcycles / Standard / 919
2007 Honda 919 Features
09/06/2006 - Torrance, Calif.
The 919 is performance motorcycling with its sleeves rolled up--a pared-down, lightweight package ready for any kind of riding you like.Email a Friend
Features & Benefits
- Muscular 919cc open-class engine--inspired by the legendary CBR®900RR--pounds out impressive torque and surprising top-end horsepower.
- A feathery 428-pound dry weight makes the 919 the lightest bike in its class.
- The comfortable, upright seating position is ideal for commuting, sport riding and long trips.
- Honda's latest programmed fuel injection (PGM-FI) and electronic digital ignition maximize power output and offer immediate throttle response.
- Stylish, dual, center-up exhaust exits below the rear cowl.
- Massive square-tube mono-backbone frame and a large aluminum swingarm combine to provide an ideal balance of rigidity and flexibility for superb road feel.
- 43mm adjustable cartridge front fork, single-shock rear suspension and lightweight cast aluminum three-spoke wheels contribute to exceptional handling.
- Compact 919cc DOHC liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder engine is tuned for low-end and mid-range power for spirited acceleration.
- One-piece upper crankcase/cylinder assembly, right-side cam-drive design and a narrow 32-degree included valve angle help make the 919 engine the lightest, most compact powerplant in its class.
- The 16-valve cylinder head with a 10.8:1 compression ratio promotes efficient combustion and high horsepower production.
- Direct shim-under-bucket valve actuation system is compact, ensures high-rpm durability and allows 16,000-mile valve maintenance intervals.
- High-pressure PGM-FI delivers fuel at 50 psi to four injectors, each mounted in a 36mm throttle body. Fuel is delivered through four nozzle holes in each injector, producing a highly atomized air/fuel charge for maximum combustion efficiency and power.
- Advanced PGM-FI features a sophisticated throttle sensor and advanced fuel-injection mapping to produce smooth and linear throttle response, responding precisely to fine throttle adjustments.
- A 16-bit electronic control unit (ECU) provides two digital 3-D fuel-injection maps for each cylinder and one digital 3-D ignition map for cylinder pairs, creating ideal fuel mixture and spark advance settings for superb rideability.
- Liquid-cooled oil cooler and a lightweight aluminum radiator keep engine temperatures in check for consistent performance and long engine life.
- Spring-loaded scissors-type gear on the drive side of the crankshaft and a rubber-mounted, floating clutch cover help reduce noise.
- Weight-saving features include a compact, lightweight one-piece alternator.
- Unique four-into-two-into-one-into-two exhaust design features expanding-diameter tubing leading into the two center-up mufflers, contributing to strong mid-range torque and an exhilarating exhaust note. Stainless-steel exhaust header and main pipe are attractive and corrosion-resistant. Polished stainless-steel muffler covers shield passenger's legs from muffler heat.
- High-capacity 380-watt AC generator.
- Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioner.
- Smooth-shifting six-speed transmission with gear ratios carefully matched to the engine's powerband.
- Durable #530 O-ring-sealed drive chain.
- Massive square-tube mono-backbone steel frame utilizes the engine as a stressed frame member. Together with the reinforced steering head, the chassis provides an optimal balance of rigidity and tuned flex for superb handling.
- A single box-section downtube reaches to a unique front engine mount that incorporates a cross member to link the frame to the engine's solid front mounts.
- Lightweight aluminum swingarm features a large one-piece cast pivot block and extruded triple-box-section spars.
- 43mm cartridge front fork with adjustable preload with compression damping and 4.3 inches of travel offers unparalleled rigidity for precise action and excellent handling on a variety of road surfaces.
- Lightweight aluminum upper triple-clamp adds rigidity for even better steering control.
- Single-shock rear suspension features a high-quality damper with seven-position-adjustable spring preload, 5.0 inches of plush wheel travel and a remote fluid reservoir for added suspension control in all riding conditions.
- Braking system features two huge 296mm front discs with four-piston calipers and a 240mm rear disc with a single-piston caliper for exceptional stopping power.
- Super-light hollow, aluminum-alloy three-spoke wheels with 3.5 x 17-inch front and 5.5 x 17-inch rear dimensions.
- Wide, durable, vinyl-covered seat with thick foam padding provides plush comfort for commuting and two-up day trips.
- A stylish hugger-type rear fender closely follows the curve of the rear tire.
- Valve, ignition and clutch covers are black.
- Gold-colored front and rear brake calipers.
- Instrumentation includes a clock, digital odometer with two tripmeters, black-face analog speedometer, tachometer, water temperature with white numerals, indicator lights for neutral, FI (fuel injection), oil pressure, low fuel and high beam.
- A 5-gallon fuel tank is hinged for servicing ease.
- Aviation-style fuel cap.
- Engine-mounted manual fuel enricher provides smooth idling speed for cold engine starts.
- A bank-angle sensor shuts off fuel supply to the PGM-FI system if the motorcycle tips over, but is unaffected by bumps and vibration during normal operation.
- A large multireflector headlight with a twin-filament H4 low/high beam provides superb road illumination.
- Maintenance-free battery is lightweight with sufficient starting capacity for all riding seasons.
- Rugged plastic chip guards on top of the fork sliders protect the front suspension from flying debris.
- Aluminum passenger grabrail.
- Convenient ignition switch/fork lock for added security.
- Handlebar switches and controls use internationally approved ISO graphic symbols.
- Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider's Club of America® (HRCA®). Benefits include roadside assistance, online access to the Honda Common Service Manual, six issues of the bimonthly Honda Red Rider™ magazine, travel discounts, trip routing and MSF reimbursement, plus access to the HRCA Web site (www.hrca.honda.com). For details on the HRCA, dealers should call (310) 783-3958, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Time.
- Sport Screen.
- Center Stand (Not available for CA models).