Powersports / Motorcycles / Touring / CTX700
2014 Honda CTX700/CTX700D with DCT and ABS Features & Benefits
The open road has never looked more inviting than when you're rolling along on the new 2014 Honda CTX™700. Made for travel with an efficient fairing and windscreen up front, the CTX700 boasts features that make it an ideal partner for exploring all that the open road can offer. It starts with great rider accommodations, thanks in large part to a comfy seat that's only 28.3 inches high—a handy aid around town. Then there's the powerful, smooth-running 670cc engine with its twin cylinders canted 62 degrees forward for better weight distribution and a lower center of gravity for nimble handling. There's also the option of an easy-to-use automatic Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) or a standard six-speed manual; the DCT allows riders to instantly choose between a fully automatic mode or the option of more active gear selection via "paddle-shift" type buttons on the handlebar. Better yet, the CTX700D also comes equipped with an Antilock Braking System (ABS). With its broad power curve, light and nimble handling, roomy riding accommodations and smooth engine, the CTX700 excels at long-range travel, but these qualities also make it a terrific weekend warrior or daily rider. With all this and more, all in a very affordable package, get out and see that destination you've been wanting to visit—on the Honda CTX700.
Features & Benefits
- Upper fairing and windscreen divert wind around the rider, adding to comfort and reducing fatigue.
- Sophisticated liquid-cooled SOHC eight-valve 670cc parallel-twin engine pumps out abundant torque in the low-end and midrange for easily accessible power.
- An impressively broad torque curve gives the CTX700 a remarkably linear and smooth power delivery.
- A relatively long engine stroke (80.0mm combined with a 73.0mm bore) and a high-inertia crankshaft are design elements that add to the CTX700's extremely tractable power characteristics.
- The 62-degree forward lean given to the cylinder assembly facilitates near-vertical mounting of the single 36mm throttle body for superior intake port positioning and shaping. In addition, special shaping to the combustion chambers further enhance engine combustion efficiency for clean burning and optimal power production.
- An engine balancer shaft quells vibration for smooth, comfortable operation, and rubber-mounted footrests also add to rider comfort.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors numerous variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture for existing riding and atmospheric conditions, thereby delivering optimal performance and remarkably crisp throttle response over a wide range of operating conditions.
Two Model Options:
- CTX700D with DCT/ABS features a second-generation automatic six-speed Honda Dual Clutch Transmission that uses two hydraulically controlled clutches to deliver quick and smooth gear changes in a choice of three modes: Manual (MT), which allows the rider to shift gears using buttons, and two automatic (AT) modes—S for sport riding and D for everyday use.
- DCT model also features an Antilock Braking System (ABS) to provide full antilock functionality for secure braking action.
- CTX700 features a manual six-speed transmission.
- Low-seat height, along with the new Honda parallel-twin engine design, creates a very low center of gravity, making the CTX700 feel remarkably nimble and fun to ride.
- Fuel capacity of 3.27 gallons and great fuel efficiency gives the CTX700 a long cruising range.
- A rigid and compact diamond-shape steel frame, low center of gravity and plush suspension help make the CTX700 responsive, agile and enjoyable over the long haul.
- Stout 41mm front fork provides 4.2 inches of travel, while the Pro-Link® rear suspension system delivers 4.3 inches of wheel travel.
- A remarkably low seat height of 28.3 inches helps instill rider confidence.
- Open, roomy ergonomics position the rider in a well-balanced seating position for all-day comfort.
- A large array of available accessories allows owners to add just the right combination of capabilities to suit individual preferences and expand their adventures.
Honda Genuine Accessories†
Tall Windscreen (cowl version only), Heated Grips, Heated Grip Attachment, Saddlebags, Saddlebag Stay, Saddlebag Panel (color-matched), Rear Carrier, Backrest, Backrest Bracket, Sub Harness, Accessory Socket, Chrome Master Cylinder Cover, Chrome License Plate Frame
† WARRANTY: Because we're so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Genuine Accessories, we're pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. One-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer.
Accessories subject to change.