Powersports / Motorcycles
2013 Honda CB500F/CB500F ABS Features
There's an aura of independence and nonconformity that riders gain when they sling a leg over a modern naked bike—and that's especially true when that naked bike is the all-new Honda CB500F. This modern and sporty 471cc naked bike not only carries a full load of attitude and style, it also delivers a gratifying level of performance and versatility. Whether you're riding on your daily commute, headed for a weekend backroad blast or just hanging out with your riding buddies, the CB500F serves as a great option for just about any kind of street ride. Its slim profile and comfortable riding position lets riders feel right at home in the saddle, and a sophisticated Honda Pro-Link® rear suspension and big 41mm fork add to the comfortable ride and agile handling. For a unique ride that's stylish, fun and affordable, it's tough to top the new CB500F.
Features and Benefits
- Comfortable, neutral riding position makes for easy maneuvering and keeps the rider comfortable on short rides or longer trips.
- All-new 471cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin DOHC engine is thoroughly modern in design and produces a broad power spread for enjoyable and economical riding.
- The four-valve cylinder head design incorporates a roller rocker arm for a more compact layout along with reduced friction.
- A shim-type valve adjustment system allows incorporation of a lighter rocker arm setup that, in turn, allows for a lower valve-spring load to further reduce power losses through engine friction.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture is delivered for the existing riding and atmospheric conditions for crisp throttle response throughout a wide variety of riding conditions.
- Engine counterbalancer and 180-degree crankpin reduce engine vibration for superior rider comfort.
- Preloaded, scissors-type gears for the primary drive and engine counterbalancer gears help reduce engine noise.
- Diamond-shaped 35mm steel tube frame is lightweight and rigid for responsive sport handling.
- Big 41mm front fork with 4.3 inches of travel returns a plush yet controlled ride.
- Sophisticated Pro-Link® single-shock rear suspension offers nine-stage spring preload adjustability and 4.7 inches of controlled travel.
- Lightweight cast aluminum wheels, 120/70-17 in front and 160/60-17 rear, return sporting feel and handling traits.
- Front 320mm wave-style disc brake and 240mm rear provides strong stopping power.
- ABS version available for enhanced braking characteristics in less than ideal conditions.
- Blue-tinted instrument display features speedometer, tachometer, odometer/A&B tripmeters, fuel gauge, clock, real-time and average fuel consumption.
- 30.9-inch seat height helps build rider confidence.
- Standard model available in Black or Pearl White. ABS model available in Black only.
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
Honda Genuine Accessories†
Rear Seat Cowl; Rear Trunk; One Key Cylinder (for Rear Trunk and/or Saddlebags); Saddlebags; Saddlebag Panels; Saddlebag Stays; Carbon Fiber-Style Accessories: Front Fender, Headlight Front Cover, Headlight Rear Cover, Meter Cover, Meter Visor, Inner Cowl, Under Cowl; Rear Carrier (see options below)
Rear Carrier Options:
Rear Carrier A (will not accept trunk)
Rear Carrier B (accepts trunk only)
Rear Carrier/Saddlebag Stay Kit (accepts trunk and/or saddlebags)
† WARRANTY: Because we're so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Genuine Accessories, we're pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. One-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer.
Final accessory list TBD and subject to change without notice.