Powersports / Motorcycles
2013 Honda CB500X/CB500X ABS Features
If you could use a little more adventure in your life—and who couldn't?—the CB500X can deliver on that idea at a surprisingly affordable price. That's the beauty of owning an adventure-style bike like the CB500X; every time you look at this bike it just about begs you to take it out in search of new roads, undiscovered places, fun sights to see. And the CB500X is not just a great ride, it's also equipped with a load of features that give it an extra dose of versatility. The compact windscreen can be adjusted to varying heights, the open riding accommodations are extra roomy and the larger-capacity fuel tank has been carefully shaped to give the rider an unrestricted riding position. The long-stroke 41mm front fork yields a full 4.9 inches of travel and a wide handlebar allows for easy steering inputs. Also, a wide assortment of Honda Genuine Accessories lets riders personalize their bike with ease. But you don't have to save up your CB500X for that once-in-a-while adventure tour; it also serves as a versatile ride to fulfill those everyday needs.
Features and Benefits
- Adventure-style seating position makes for unrestricted maneuvering and keeps the rider comfortable during adventure trips, commuting or short hops around town.
- All-new 471cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin DOHC engine is thoroughly modern in design and produces a broad power spread for enjoyable and economical riding.
- Four-valve cylinder head design uses lightweight rocker-arm valve actuation with shim-type valve adjustment.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture is delivered for the existing riding and atmospheric conditions for crisp throttle response throughout a wide variety of riding conditions.
- Engine counterbalancer and 180-degree crankpin reduce engine vibration for superior rider comfort.
- Preloaded, scissors-type gears for the primary drive and engine counterbalancer gears help reduce engine noise.
- Diamond-shaped 35mm steel tube frame is lightweight and rigid for responsive sport handling.
- Stout 41mm front fork with 4.9 inches of travel returns a plush yet controlled ride.
- Sophisticated Pro-Link® single-shock rear suspension offers nine-stage spring preload adjustability and 4.7 inches of controlled travel.
- Lightweight cast aluminum wheels, 120/70-17 in front and 160/60-17 rear, return sporting feel and handling traits.
- Front 320mm wave-style disc brake and 240mm rear provides strong stopping power.
- ABS version available for enhanced braking characteristics in less than ideal conditions.
- Amber-tinted instrument display features speedometer, tachometer, odometer/A&B tripmeters, fuel gauge, clock, MPG, real-time, and average fuel consumption.
- Wide handlebar is designed specifically to fit the adventure-style rider ergonomics.
- Available in Matte Black Metallic on both standard and ABS models.
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
Honda Genuine Accessories†
- Air Deflector, Center-stand, Hand Guards, Heated-Grips, Heated-Grip Attachment, Lightbar, Rear Tire Hugger, Tall Windscreen
- Rear Trunk, Rear Carrier/Trunk Mount Kit, One Key Cylinder, (for Rear Trunk and/or Saddlebags)
- Saddlebags, Saddlebag Panels, Saddlebag Stays, and Rear Carrier/Trunk Mount/Saddlebag Stays Kit
- Carbon Fiber-Style Accessories: Front Fender, Radiator Shroud, Under Cowl, Under Cover Front, and Under Cover Kit
† WARRANTY: Because we're so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Genuine Accessories, we're pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. One-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer.
Final accessory list TBD and subject to change without notice.