Powersports / Scooters
2009 Honda Metropolitan Features & Benefits
Want great mileage without giving up style? The Metropolitan® delivers, and also provides riders with easy-to-operate features and a wide variety of colors.
Features & Benefits
New for 2009
- New Graphite and Ghost colors join Ocean and Monza. Graphite and Monza colors include Chrome Mirrors, a Chrome Muffler Cover, 3-D Chrome Emblems, Black Wheels, a Black Belt Cover and a Two-Tone Custom Seat.
- Efficient four-stroke engine uses substantially less fuel and significantly reduces exhaust emissions over a comparable two-stroke engine.
- Automatic Honda V-Matic transmission allows speeds up to 40 mph.
- Combined Braking System (CBS) provides excellent stopping power (see Technology Section).
- Lightweight and sturdy aluminum chassis contributes to the Metropolitan's maneuverability and excellent fuel economy.
- Lockable underseat compartment provides nearly 22 liters of storage capacity.
- Lockable centerstand deters unauthorized use.
- Lightweight 49cc four-stroke OHC liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine provides ample power for in-town riding.
- Fuel-sipping Constant-Velocity (CV) carburetor with automatic choke.
- Maintenance-free solid-state CD ignition system.
- Starter system utilizes the engine's brushless alternator (ACG) for starting, eliminating the need for a separate starter motor. This simple design requires no maintenance and further reduces overall weight for even better fuel economy.
- Solid-state ECU provides control for ignition timing, alternator regulator, ACG/starter, electric fuel pump and automatic choke.
- Lightweight, maintenance-free, magnetically driven water pump eliminates the need for mechanical seals.
- Compact engine-mounted radiator has aluminum fins for optimal cooling in all riding conditions.
- Electromagnetic fuel pump is located in the fuel tank under the Metropolitan's floor and contributes to the excellent storage space under the seat.
- Ultra-quiet exhaust system.
- Automatic Honda V-Matic belt-drive transmission provides spirited acceleration and smooth operation.
- Two-piece, die-cast-aluminum chassis provides an optimum balance of light weight and rigidity for excellent handling.
- Twin-downtube fork provides 1.9 inches of plush travel for a well-controlled ride.
- Single-side aluminum swingarm with single-shock rear suspension has 2.6 inches of travel for a compliant, comfortable ride.
- Front and rear drum brakes offer predictable stopping power.
- The Metropolitan's CBS brakes provide added control when slowing or stopping (see Technology Section).
- High-grip, long-lasting tires.
- Well-padded seat boasts a low 28.3-inch seat height for added confidence at stops.
- Underseat storage compartment with 22-liter capacity holds groceries or even a full-face helmet.
- Instrumentation includes analog speedometer, odometer, analog fuel gauge and indicator lights for coolant temperature and low/high beams.
- Audible turn-signal indicator.
- Parking brake.
- Key-operated ignition lock has an integrated trunk-release switch. By pushing in the key, the rider can easily unlock the spacious storage compartment under the main seat.
- Centerstand locking lever located inside the underseat storage compartment discourages unauthorized use.
- Convenient rear hand grip.
- Helmet holder locks helmet in place under the seat.
- Shopping-bag holder.
- Backup kickstarter.
- Twin-filament headlight with 35-watt low/high beam provides ample nighttime illumination.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Fuel-cap design allows easy removal.
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- When you buy a new Honda Powersports Product, you may be eligible to receive a complimentary one year membership in the Honda Riders Club of America®, which includes an exclusive Members-only magazine, rider training benefits, access to the Members-only Clubhouse Web site and much more. Some limitations apply. For more information on the HRCA®, log on to hrca.honda.com.
Honda Genuine Accessories
- Rear Carrier.
- Rear Trunk.
- Front Inner Basket.