Powersports / Scooters
2009 Honda Silver Wing/Silver Wing ABS - Features & Benefits
For performance that stands tall in the world of scooters, Honda's Silver Wing® offers an innovative blend of high performance, easy operation and distinctive styling.
Features & Benefits
New for 2009
- New Candy Dark Red color.
- Sophisticated Honda V-Matic belt-drive system delivers seamless shifting and ample power at any speed.
- Combined Braking System (CBS) provides excellent braking power for added confidence in a wide range of operating conditions (see Technology Section).
- Optional Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS w/CBS) model (see Technology Section).
- Cavernous 55-liter underseat storage compartment and beautiful, lightweight aluminum rear spoiler.
- Four-stroke 582cc parallel twin-cylinder engine features DOHC and four valves per cylinder for unequalled engine performance and clean, efficient operation.
- Air injection system, exhaust catalyzer and advanced digital mapping simultaneously reduce emissions.
- Engine's 360-degree crankshaft design incorporates two primary balancer shafts into the crankcase to minimize vibration.
- Direct shim-under-bucket valve actuation ensures excellent engine performance, trouble-free operation and 16,000-mile valve maintenance intervals.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) (see Technology Section).
- Maintenance-free, fully transistorized digital ignition ensures reliable power.
- Compact, liquid-cooled oil cooler mounts to the front of the crankcase and provides a convenient mount for the spin-on oil filter.
- Fan-cooled radiator ensures consistent engine operating temperatures and long engine life.
- Lightweight and quiet stainless-steel exhaust system.
- Honda V-Matic automatic belt-drive system has sophisticated three-stage operation for optimum power delivery around town or on the freeway.
- Durable steel frame is lightweight yet strong, providing an optimum combination of rigidity and flexibility for superb handling for one- and two-up riding.
- Engine crankshaft and swingarm pivot are coaxially aligned to eliminate the engine as an unsprung suspension member, resulting in better mass centralization for excellent handling, stability and rider comfort.
- Stout 41mm hydraulic front fork with 4.7 inches of suspension travel provides a plush, well-controlled ride.
- Dual rear shocks have 4.5 inches of travel and five-position spring preload adjustability for a smooth, comfortable ride. Rearward mounting of the shocks allows a large-capacity underseat storage compartment.
- A hydraulic three-piston caliper and 276mm front disc brake plus a lightweight, twin-piston caliper and 240mm rear disc brake offer excellent stopping power.
- Large 14-inch 120/80 front tire and 13-inch 150/70 rear tire provide excellent traction.
- Wind-tunnel-developed full-coverage bodywork and windscreen are both beautiful and functional, protecting the rider from the elements while reducing wind noise.
- Integrated floorboards angle upward in the front for optimum rider foot placement when riding. The floorboards narrow below the seat, allowing the rider to easily place both feet on the ground.
- Multireflector headlight incorporates a wide-dimension low beam directly above the high beam in a compact V shape for optimal lighting.
- Wide, low, padded seat has an adjustable five-position rider backrest that adjusts over a 2-inch range. The long, wide passenger seat is very comfortable for all-day two-up riding. The locking seat opens to the front and is held open by a hydraulic damper for easy loading of the storage compartment.
- Instrumentation includes an analog speedometer and tachometer, with LCD digital displays for odometer, twin tripmeters, fuel, clock and coolant temperature. Indicator lights display parking brake, fuel injection, V-belt, high beam, oil pressure and coolant temperature.
- Large 4.2-gallon fuel tank offers extended cruising range. The fuel door is located behind a locking cover built into the floor tunnel for easy access.
- An easy-to-use cable-operated rear-disc parking brake is engaged by pulling a large handle on the upper-right panel. Pulling the handle again releases the brake.
- Powerful 12-volt electrical system and maintenance-free battery offer superb reliability.
- Ignition switch/steering lock helps keep the Silver Wing secure when parked.
- Sidestand switch allows starting only if the sidestand has been retracted and the rear brake lever is applied.
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- When you buy a new Honda Powersports Product, you may be eligible to receive a complimentary one-year membership in the Honda Riders Club of America®, which includes an exclusive Members-only magazine, rider training benefits, access to the Members-only Clubhouse Web site and much more. Some limitations apply. For more information on the HRCA®, log on to hrca.honda.com.