The brilliance of Honda engineering shines once again in the form of the 2014 CTX™700N. This is a bike specifically engineered to make motorcycling more approachable, affordable and fun than ever before. Thanks to a low seat height of only 28.3 inches, riders can quickly get acclimated to life in the saddle. Honda's acclaimed automatic Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) provides either a fully automatic mode or the option of more active gear selection via "paddle-shift" type buttons on the handlebar, and the DCT version also comes with an Antilock Braking System (ABS). The 670cc parallel-twin engine features cylinders canted 62 degrees forward for enhanced weight distribution and a lower center of gravity for ease of handling. This smooth-running fuel-injected engine pumps out loads of low-end and midrange torque to simplify launching from stops even with the optional six-speed manual gearbox, and there's enough power on tap for wherever the road may lead. Beneath the fuel tank cover there's a handy glove box area, and the fuel is carried below. All in all, the CTX700N is an amazingly affordable, fun, friendly and comfortable bike that is perfect for everyday rides, weekend trips, two-up exploring or just about anything else you can dream up.
Features & Benefits
- Sophisticated liquid-cooled SOHC eight-valve 670cc parallel-twin engine pumps out abundant torque in the low-end and midrange for easily accessible power.
- An impressively broad torque curve gives the CTX700N a linear and smooth power delivery.
- A relatively long engine stroke (80.0mm combined with a 73.0mm bore) and a high-inertia crankshaft are design elements that add to the CTX700N's extremely tractable power characteristics.
- The 62-degree forward lean given to the cylinder assembly facilitates near-vertical mounting of the single 36mm throttle body for superior intake port positioning and shaping. In addition, special shaping to the combustion chambers further enhance engine combustion efficiency for clean burning and optimal power production.
- An engine balancer shaft quells vibration for smooth, comfortable operation, and rubber-mounted footrests add to rider comfort.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors numerous variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture for existing riding and atmospheric conditions, thereby delivering optimal performance and remarkably crisp throttle response over a wide range of operating conditions.
Two Model Options:
- CTX700ND with DCT/ABS features a second-generation automatic six-speed Honda Dual Clutch Transmission that uses two hydraulically controlled clutches to deliver quick and smooth gear changes in a choice of three modes: Manual (MT), which allows the rider to shift gears using buttons, and two automatic (AT) modes—S for sport riding and D for everyday use.
- DCT model also features an Antilock Braking System (ABS) to provide full antilock functionality for secure braking action.
- CTX700N features a manual six-speed transmission.
- Low seat height, along with the new Honda parallel-twin engine design, creates a very low center of gravity, making the CTX700N feel remarkably nimble and fun to ride.
- Fuel capacity of 3.27 gallons and great fuel efficiency give the CTX700N a long cruising range.
- A rigid and compact diamond-shape steel frame, low center of gravity and plush suspension help make the CTX700N responsive, agile and enjoyable to ride all day.
- Stout 41mm front fork provides 4.2 inches of travel, while the Pro-Link® rear suspension system delivers 4.3 inches of wheel travel.
- A remarkably low seat height of 28.3 inches helps instill rider confidence.
- Open, roomy ergonomics position the rider in a well-balanced seating position for all-day comfort and fun.
- A large array of available accessories allows owners to add just the right combination of capabilities to suit individual preferences and expand their adventures.
Honda Genuine Accessories†
Tall Windscreen (cowl version only), Heated Grips, Heated Grips Attachment, Saddlebags, Saddlebag Stay, Saddlebag Panel (color-matched), Rear Carrier, Backrest, Backrest Bracket, Sub Harness, Accessory Socket, Chrome Master Cylinder Cover, Chrome License Plate Frame
† WARRANTY: Because we're so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Genuine Accessories, we're pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. One-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer.
Accessories subject to change.