Honda HS1336i Hybrid Snowblower - General Overview
1. What is the significance of the launch of the new Honda HS1336i hybrid snowblower?
Honda Power Equipment, a division of American Honda Motor Co., Inc., is introducing the Honda HS1336i snowblower – the first Honda hybrid snowblower design available for the U.S. market. The hybrid configuration of the HS1336i model combines a gasoline engine that simultaneously drives the snowblower auger/fan apparatus (clearing and throwing the snow) and charges the battery, with the electric motors (two in parallel) controlling the track drive forward propulsion.
Equipped with the Honda iGX390 four-stroke engine, the HS1336i snowblower operation results in lower fuel consumption and lower emissions as compared to a conventional snowblower. The all-new hybrid model also boasts superior control/ease-of-use; powerful operation/snow throwing; lower noise and vibration; reliable operation; and enhanced technology.
2. Describe how the iGX390 engine lends itself to improved operation for the Honda HS1336i snowblower.
The Honda iGX390 is a revolutionary, intelligent, computer-controlled general purpose engine that sets an even higher standard for ease of use, fuel efficiency, and quiet operation. This (OHV) horizontal shaft engine incorporates an electronic self-tuning regulator (STR) governor along with additional, advanced technologies for more complex applications. The iGX390 also features an integrated electronic control unit (ECU) that delivers complete drive-by-wire remote control capability and controls key aspects of engine operation.
iGX technology results in lower fuel consumption and lower noise through reduced total engine running time and engine speed that can be lowered based on power demands. This intelligent technology works in conjunction with the new engine’s V-type valve layout and spark plug center combustion chamber to yield a fuel economy improvement of approximately 19 percent compared to the previous Honda GX390 engine.
Additionally, the iGX is easier for users to operate, eliminating the need for manual manipulation of the choke and throttle and making it ideal for rental applications and operation of heavier equipment – the right fit for the operation of the all-new Honda HS1336i snowblower.
3. What principal features and design elements contribute to an enhanced customer experience related to the operation of the Honda HS1336i hybrid snowblower?
In addition to the iGX390 commercial grade engine that provides premium power for the Honda HS1336i snowblower – resulting in low noise, vibration, fuel consumption and emissions – the all-new hybrid snowblower has a number of key elements that combine for technically-advanced operation. These features include:
- Reversible 2-position skid shoes
- Self-propelled, infinitely variable electric drive
- Powered by the intelligent, commercial-grade Honda iGX390 engine to offer motor-track operation
- 24V DC starter
- Electronic indicators to track vital information for monitoring of all operating systems
- Heavy-duty, serrated augers to break ice and automatically lift in reverse when automatic or semi-automatic modes are engaged
- Convenient electric transport mode for relocating unit from garage or storage unit to work areas
- Electric starting via two heavy-duty batteries – offers a clean, no hassle solution for starting the engine
- Track drive – best traction available
- 36” clearing width, 23” clearing height
- Discharges snow up to 62.3’
- Clears up to 83.0 tons/hour
- Runs up to 2.2 hours per tank of gasoline
- Pedal-adjustable auger height
- Control panel designed for ease-of-use
- Front cover integrating tough and stable design
- Auto choke standard
- Rear cover integrated with tool box