- Honda is the winningest brand in Car and Driver award history with 92 trophies
- Sleek, powerful and electrified, Honda Accord honored for a record 38th time, including a streak of 26 consecutive years
- 11th-generation Honda Civic honored for the third year in a row
- 6th-generation Honda CR-V honored for the second year in a row
In a show of design and engineering excellence, Honda has earned three 2024 Car and Driver 10Best awards for the second consecutive year, more than any other brand, with the Honda Civic and Accord selected to the 10Best Cars list and the Honda CR-V named to the 10Best Trucks and SUVs list. Moreover, Car and Driver has selected the Acura Integra Type S to its 10Best Cars list, giving American Honda Motor Co., Inc. four of the coveted spots.
With 92 total awards, Honda has won more Car and Driver awards than any other brand. At least one Honda has earned a spot on the annual 10Best list since the award's inception in 1983.
The Honda Accord is America's best-selling car over the last five decades1 and the most awarded vehicle in Car and Driver 10Best history by a wide margin. It has made the prestigious list an incredible 38 times, including the last 26 years in a row. This is the 10th 10Best award for Civic and the fifth win for CR-V.
"Taking home three prestigious Car and Driver 10Best awards for the second year in a row is an incredible honor for the entire Honda family," said Lance Woelfer, assistant vice president of Honda National Sales. "For Honda, these awards are not just recognition of Civic, Accord and CR-V, but motivation for every Honda associate to continue creating, building and selling products that create joy for our customers."
Accord and CR-V hybrid models are a key step in the Honda electrification strategy and represent more than 50% of Accord and CR-V sales in 2024. Both vehicles are powered by a new, more advanced Honda two-motor hybrid system that maximizes efficiency without compromising dynamic performance or packaging for a sportier and more comfortable driving experience.
About the Car and Driver 10Best List
To compete in 10Best, which has been the standard of excellence for more than 40 years, vehicles must be all-new vehicles, 2023 10Best winners, vehicles that were not available for the 2023 competition, and those with significant updates. All must fall under the base-price cap of $110,000 and be on sale no later than January 31, 2024. After two weeks of driving more than 80 new cars, trucks, and SUVs that meet those criteria, Car and Driver editors assign each vehicle a score of zero to 100. The votes are tallied and averaged to arrive at the 10Best of 2024.
Car and Driver releases two lists concurrently: 10Best Cars and 10Best Trucks and SUVs. Click here for the complete 2024 Car and Driver 10Best Cars awards story, and here for the complete 2024 Car and Driver 10Best Trucks and SUVs awards story.
Built in North America
All three Honda models on the 10Best lists are made in North America* based on the company’s longstanding commitment to build products close to the customer.
- The 11th-generation Accord is built* in the Marysville Auto Plant in Ohio. Honda has produced more than 12.5 million Accords in Ohio since U.S. production began in 1982.
- The 11th-generation Civic Sedan is made in Alliston, Ontario, Canada, with the Civic Hatchback built at the Honda Indiana Auto Plant. Over 11 million units have been produced in North America, including more than five million built in the United States.
- The 6th-generation CR-V is built in three plants in North America, including the East Liberty Auto Plant in Ohio, the Indiana Auto Plant and Honda of Canada Mfg. Honda has produced more than 5.5 million CR-Vs in North America, with roughly half of those built in the U.S.
- The Honda two-motor hybrid-electric power unit that powers the Accord hybrid and CR-V hybrid is built at the Honda Transmission Plant in Ohio. The 2.0-liter Atkinson-cycle four-cylinder engine is made at the Anna Engine Plant in Ohio. More information about production of the Honda two-motor hybrid system and 2.0-liter engine is available here.
* using domestic and globally-sourced parts
Learn more about the Honda Accord lineup including Accord hybrid variants here.
Learn more about the Honda CR-V lineup including CR-V hybrid variants here.
Honda offers a full line of clean, safe, fun and connected vehicles sold through more than 1,000 independent U.S. Honda dealers. The award-winning Honda lineup includes the Civic and Accord, along with the HR-V, CR-V, Passport and Pilot sport utility vehicles, the Ridgeline pickup and the Odyssey minivan. Honda's electrified vehicle lineup includes the Accord hybrid, CR-V hybrid, and, in the future, Civic hybrid. The Honda Prologue SUV, Honda's first volume battery-electric vehicle, will join the lineup in 2024.
Honda has been producing automobiles in America for over 40 years and currently operates 18 major manufacturing facilities in North America. In 2022, more than 99% of all Honda vehicles sold in the U.S. were made in North America, with more than two-thirds made in America, using domestic and globally sourced parts.
More information about Honda is available in the Digital FactBook.
# # #
1. Source: Wards Intelligence cumulative U.S. light vehicle sales among passenger cars, 1972-2023CYTD Nov.