Honda has a deep history in gaming, partnering over the past decade with some of the most storied video gaming franchises, including Forza, Guitar Hero Live and Hearthstone Team Brawl. In 2019, Honda significantly grew its gaming footprint by establishing a presence in esports. Honda continues to evolve its gaming and esports relationships to connect with a broader audience of gaming fans. Key elements of this initiative have included:
- Exclusive automotive partner and official vehicle for Team Liquid (2019-current).
- Exclusive naming sponsorship rights partner of Team Liquid Honda League of Legends and Challenger Series teams, a first for an automaker in the League of Legends Championship Series (LCS) in North America.
- Twitch partnership, including the first-ever auto branded gaming channel on the platform (Honda Head2Head), and most recently, a dedicated lifestyle channel called Honda DreamLab, featuring trending topics, including gaming.
- This summer, the Hondaverse launched on Twitch – a fully immersive virtual world within Fortnite, created using Fortnite Twitch streamers, like SypherPK, and Fortnite map architects. Honda Parkour is the first of the Hondaverse Fortnite worlds, built around the all-new 2023 Honda HR-V.
- Honda Fan Cup on Xbox Game Pass: An engaging new destination for gamers at all levels, featuring Honda-sponsored tournaments, Honda Fan Cup Play and Win sweepstakes and an exclusive week-long Forza Horizon 5 race event.
- Exclusive automotive partner of League of Legends Championship Series (LCS) from 2019-2021.
# # #