- New Honda robotics, artificial intelligence, and energy solution concepts engineered to advance mobility and improve people's lives
- Press conference: 11:00 AM PST on January 9, 2018 at Honda's booth (LVCC, North Hall – 7923)
- Honda's CES 2018 preview video at Honda.us/CES2018
Honda will unveil its new 3E (Empower, Experience, Empathy) Robotics Concept at CES 2018, demonstrating a range of experimental technologies engineered to advance mobility and make people's lives better. Expressing a variety of functions and designs, the advanced robotic concepts demonstrate Honda's vision of a society where robotics and AI can assist people in many situations, such as disaster recovery, recreation and learning from human interaction to become more helpful and empathetic. The Honda press conference is scheduled for January 9, 2018, at 11:00 a.m. PST (LVCC, North Hall – 7923).
As part of the 3E Robotics Concept, Honda will reveal:
- 3E-A18, a companion robotics concept that shows compassion to humans with a variety of facial expressions
- 3E-B18, a chair-type mobility concept designed for casual use in indoor or outdoor spaces
- 3E-C18, a small-sized electric mobility concept with multi-functional cargo space
- 3E-D18, an autonomous off-road vehicle concept with AI designed to support people in a broad range of work activities
In addition to the suite of robotics concepts, Honda will showcase its Mobile Power Pack World, which includes a portable, swappable battery pack for electric vehicles, and a re-charging system for use at home, recreation or during a natural disaster. The Mobile Power Pack World at CES will also exhibit a battery exchanger concept that can store and charge mobile power packs.
Global Innovator Showcase
Committed to creating transformative products through open innovation, Silicon Valley-based Honda Innovations will showcase new Honda Xcelerator partnerships with startups in the Global Innovator Showcase at CES. The Honda Xcelerator partners are:
- BRAIQ bridges the gap between human preferences and artificial intelligence to personalize the driving style of autonomous vehicles.
- DeepMap provides HD maps and real-time localization as a service for autonomous vehicles.
- DynaOptics harnesses the power of free-form optics to bring superior situational awareness and safety to roads.
- Tactual Labs brings real-time human body pose sensing to every surface and voxel.
- WayRay is a Swiss developer of a holographic AR navigation system for advanced connected cars.
Last month Honda Innovations announced its expanded engagement of startup ecosystems in Japan, China, Detroit and Europe.
For more information or to schedule an interview with Honda representatives at CES, contact Jaymie Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org or Rebecca Lee at email@example.com.
About Honda Technology
Honda is creating technologies and products that advance the company's clean, safe, fun and connected brand values. These efforts include advancements in automated vehicles, connectivity and ultra-low carbon mobility. In North America, the company has more than 450,000 vehicles on the road equipped with the Honda SensingTM or AcuraWatchTM safety and driver-assistive technologies and more than 400,000 vehicles featuring Apple CarPlay and Android AutoTM compatibility.
# # #