- New Honda 40 Jet, 65 Jet and 105 Jet models recognized as a winning new marine lineup
- Jet drives offer maximum flexibility in shallow waters, maneuvering around or over obstructions that would limit a prop-driven outboard
- Like Honda prop-driven outboards, the new Honda jet outboards feature dependable, quiet and fuel-efficient operation
- Models expand the range of Honda Marine outboard motors, offering boaters additional choices for more marine applications
Boating Industry magazine, a publication serving all segments of the international, professional and recreational boating industry—including dealers, marina owners, distributors, representatives and manufacturers—has named the all-new Honda 40 Jet, 65 Jet and 105 Jet marine outboard motor lineup as a recipient of a Top Products of 2018 award.
The Boating Industry accolade recognizes the best products for the marine industry, ranging from boats to engines to accessories. Chosen from hundreds of products introduced or significantly updated since January 1, 2017, this year's winners were evaluated and judged for innovation, impact on the marine industry, and how they advance their category overall.
The Honda 40 Jet, 65 Jet and 105 Jet outboard motorspair renowned Honda powerheads with jet drives designed to provide an exceptional boating experience in ultra-shallow waters. The low-profile foot design allows a boater to maneuver in minimal depths without the fear of getting a propeller caught or damaged on rocky, rough bottoms, shallows, underwater obstacles or other low-water conditions that would challenge a prop-driven outboard. These jet-propelled motors are well suited for recreational and commercial boaters; anglers who want to fish the shallows and edges; recreational boaters who want to explore streams and rivers; and crabbers and shell fishermen who work in marshes and small creeks with fluctuating tides.
The Honda 40 Jet, 65 Jet and 105 Jet lineup offers dependable, quiet and fuel-efficient operation similar to that of the Honda BF Series of propeller-driven models, with the super maneuverability and added benefits of a jet-propulsion system. In addition, these motors incorporate performance-enhancing features including overhead camshaft design; electric starting; Multi-Port Programmed Fuel Injection for quick starts; water-cooled systems; and a Freshwater Flush Port.
"Honda Marine is proud and honored to receive a 2018 Top Products Award from Boating Industry magazine. This recognition for innovative design and industry impact affirms the continued success of Honda Marine to drive segment growth and make boating accessible to new customers by providing reliable, durable, and highly efficient outboard motors," said Michael Rickey, senior manager, Honda Marine. "Honda 40 Jet, 65 Jet and 105 Jet outboards expand our presence in the marine market—powering boaters to shallows where prop engines can't go. Combining powerful jet pump technology with Honda's legendary marine powerheads, these engines give our customers a wider choice of outboard motors to meet a variety of boating needs."
Honda Jet Outboard Snapshots
Honda 40 Jet Model (BF60J)
The Honda 40 Jet outboard is built on the Honda BF60 powerhead and paired with a jet pump. This model, featuring a single overhead camshaft design, offers a package of performance features, such as Lean Burn Control™, allowing Honda engines to operate using as much as 21 percent less fuel than comparable engines. The Honda 40 Jet motor also offers:
- NMEA 2000® open architecture electronic protocol allowing the operator to see engine data on a GPS or fish finder without additional gateway devices
- Multi-Port Programmed Fuel Ignition for quick starts, instant throttle response, powerful performance and low fuel consumption
- High Output alternator for superior electrical output
- Engine Alert System that helps protect the engine by alerting the operator of conditions such as overheating, low oil pressure and over-revving
- Freshwater Flush Port for easy and quick engine flushing
Honda 65 Jet Model (BF90J)
The Honda 65 Jet outboard is built on the Honda BF90 powerhead and paired with a jet pump. Like the 40 Jet, this model features a single overhead camshaft design and includes Lean Burn Control™, NMEA 2000®, Multi-Port Programmed Fuel Injection, High Output style alternator and an Engine Alert System. The Honda 65 Jet also includes:
- Technological features derived from the Honda Fit automobile
- VTEC® Technology for peak engine performance at all speeds
- BLAST™ System for getting the hull on plane quickly
- Dual Stage Induction, enhancing power and efficiency through superior combustion
- 3-Way Cooling System for longer durability by keeping the engine running cooler
Honda 105 Jet Model (BF150J)
Rounding out the new lineup is the largest of Honda's jet-powered marine outboards, the Honda 105 Jet. This model, built on the Honda BF150 powerhead, includes technological features derived from the Accord automobile. It is paired with a jet pump, features a dual overhead camshaft design and includes Lean Burn Control™, NMEA 2000®, Multi-Port Programmed Fuel Injection, High Output automotive style alternator, Engine Alert System, VTEC® Technology, BLAST™ System, Dual Stage Induction, and the 3-Way Cooling System.
Designed for dependability, fuel efficiency and easy operation, the Honda 40 Jet, 65 Jet and 105 Jet outboards are available at Honda Marine dealers nationwide. The jet models are covered by the best-in-class Honda True 5 year non-declining warranty for both powerheads and jet pumps; the transferrable warranty is the same on the last day as the first.
# # #
About Honda Marine
Honda Marine, a division of American Honda Motor Co., Inc., markets a complete range of marine outboard motors. Its comprehensive product line is powered exclusively by four-stroke engines.Honda Marine pioneered four-stroke engine technology and has been designing and building four-stroke outboard motors for more than 50 years, setting the benchmark for fuel efficiency, quiet operation and low emissions. With models ranging from 2.3 to 250 horsepower, the Honda Marine full line of current production models meets the rigorous California Air Resources Board (CARB) 3-star standards, enabling availability and regulatory compliance in all 50 states.
Follow Honda Marine and Honda Power Equipment news and video on: