- The refreshed Honda Marine BF200, BF225, BF250 Intelligent Shift and Throttle (iST®) electronically controlled outboard motors now are on sale at Honda Marine dealers nationwide.
- The Honda BF200 and BF225 are powered by a new engine, the proven 3.6-liter V6 engine that powers the BF250 outboard motor.
- All three Honda Marine outboard motors feature multiple rigging options for a customized on-the-water experience; newly designed user interfaces; and multi-function color display.
- The products integrate enhanced digital line redundancy via CAN and NMEA2000 protocol for added protection against connection failure.
- The outboards feature improved corrosion resistance and decreased maintenance time, contributing to greater ease of use.
- Sporting the Honda Progressive V Form design, the Honda Marine BF200, BF225 and BF250 revamped outboards are available in Aquamarine Silver or Grand Prix White.
Honda Marine announced today that the refreshed Honda Marine BF200, BF225, BF250 Intelligent Shift and Throttle (iST®) electronically controlled outboard motors now are on sale at Honda Marine dealers nationwide. The mechanically controlled versions of these models have been available since early 2019.
Targeting the heart of the boating market, the refreshed Honda BF200, BF225 and BF250 models mark the newest evolution in the company's product line, integrating innovative design, a sleek new Progressive V Form style, improved corrosion resistance, streamlined maintenance and an expanded number of rigging options for ease of use. The new motors are engineered to meet the requirements and needs of a broad number of boat types including pontoon, aluminum, fiberglass and bass boats. Whether boaters are weekend cruisers or commercial (including government and law enforcement) users, these enhanced V6 motors deliver what every marine enthusiast wants—maximum time on the water.
The Honda BF200, BF225 and BF250 outboard motors, available in either Aquamarine Silver or Grand Prix White, feature a long (20-inch), extra-long (25-inch, Std/Ctr) or ultra-long (30-inch, Std/Ctr, BF225, BF250) shaft. All three revamped outboards offer an industry-best True 5-year, non-declining factory warranty that is the same on the last day as it is on the first.
"The 200hp-250hp range, representing the heart of the boating market, accounts for approximately 90 percent of all outboard motor purchases," said Michael Rickey, Senior Manager, Honda Marine. "The redesigned Honda V6 outboards underscores our company's commitment in serving these segments, growing the industry, and spreading the joy of boating to new boaters."
# # #
About Honda Marine
Honda Marine, a business unit of American Honda Motor Co., Inc., markets a complete range of marine outboard motors. Its comprehensive product line is powered exclusively by four-stroke engines.Honda Marine pioneered four-stroke engine technology and has been designing and building four-stroke outboard motors for more than 50 years, setting the benchmark for fuel efficiency, quiet operation and low emissions. With models ranging from 2.3 to 250 horsepower, the Honda Marine full line of current production models meets the rigorous California Air Resources Board (CARB) 3-star standards, enabling availability and regulatory compliance in all 50 states.
Follow Honda Marine and Honda Power Equipment news and video on: