The XR250R retains its status as the class favorite, thanks to an outstanding combination of torquey power, excellent handling and legendary toughness.
Features & Benefits
New for 2004
• New Honda Racing-inspired colors and graphics.
• Lightweight and durable 249cc dry-sump four-stroke engine develops excellent torque and horsepower, especially at low-and mid-range rpm.
• Radial Four-Valve Combustion Chamber (RFVC™) for maximum combustion efficiency and horsepower.
• Gear-driven counterbalancer for engine smoothness.
• 30mm carburetor works with large-capacity airbox and free-flow cylindrical muffler to offer excellent response.
• Dual intake and exhaust ports for maximum engine efficiency and power.
• Hinged-cover airbox design gives good access for air-cleaner maintenance.
• Free-flowing three-chamber USDA-qualified muffler/ spark arrester provides high power output.
• Stainless steel dual exhaust header resists corrosion.
• Large cylinder fins and an oil-carrying frame improve engine cooling.
• Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioner.
• Six-speed transmission with specially designed shift mechanism for light and accurate shifting.
• Primary kickstarting with automatic camshaft- integrated decompression system for easy starts. Supplemental manual decompressor is fitted.
• Maintenance-free solid-state CD ignition with electronic advance.
• Computer-engineered, oil-carrying semi-double- cradle frame incorporates swingarm pivot point with rear engine mount for low weight and compact wheelbase.
• Bolt-on subframe can be quickly and easily removed for rear suspension maintenance.
• 41mm Kayaba hybrid cartridge fork uses thin-wall extruded aluminum tubes with bonded bottom-case units which underhang below the axle by only 65mm to reduce ground contact in ruts.
• Pro-Link® rear suspension with fully adjustable high-quality Kayaba rear shock.
• Brake levers, master cylinders, calipers and rotors are the same as those used on Honda's CR® models.
• Lightweight hubs and rims incorporate straight-pull spokes.
• 18-inch rear wheel for greater tire selection and is quickly detachable.
• Aluminum box-section swingarm has snail-type chain adjusters.
• Low, slim seat gives excellent rider comfort and control.
• Heavy-duty O-ring-sealed chain reduces maintenance.
• Enduro-style headlight.
• Lightweight, tubular aluminum engine guard.
• Folding shift lever and brake pedal tips.
• High-quality handlebar, comfortable grips and dogleg levers with brush guards.
• Motocross-style seat allows maximum rider movement.
• Durable, wide front and rear fenders.
• Combination two-piece headlight/number plate directs cool air to the engine and oil-carrying frame.
• Wide-section, comfortable footpegs are cleated, folding and self-cleaning.
• Resettable, easy-to-read three-digit competition tripmeter.
• Transferable six-month limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
• Ownership includes one-year complimentary Membership in the Honda Rider's Club of America™. Benefits include discounts, travel benefits, roadside assistance and much more. For HRCA® details, call 1-800-847-HRCA.