- Gold Wing Tour Airbag DCT (GL1800DAP)
- Gold Wing Tour DCT (GL1800DP)
- Gold Wing Tour (GL1800P)
- Gold Wing DCT (GL1800BDP)
Known for smooth power, comfortable ride and high-tech features, Honda's Gold Wing family continues to define the modern touring category, as exploring long, picturesque roads with good company is exactly what this luxury cruiser is built to do. Equipped with substantial luggage capacity, a premium sound system and convenient navigation software, the Gold Wing makes taking the scenic route the obvious choice. The comfortable seat and unparalleled suspension performance promote rider and passenger comfort for long, multi-day rides, while the Gold Wing's agile handling and available DCT gearbox offer exceptional performance on open highways and winding backroads.
DESIGN / STYLING
The Gold Wing's stylish bodywork and exposed engine complement its precise handling and reflect its performance-minded roots. Designed with comfortable ergonomics, effective heat management and refined aerodynamics, the Gold Wing is well-suited for long days on the open road.
- Top trunk on Gold Wing Tour versions is 48mm wider, 46mm taller and 34mm longer. With an added 11 liters of storage (61 liters vs. 50), the trunk can fit added luggage or two XXL helmets, even when those helmets are outfitted with headsets. 30 liter storage capacity each for left and right saddlebags.
- 30 liter storage capacity each for left and right saddlebags.
- 60 liter storage capacity for rear luggage case on Gold Wing Tour versions, enabling storage of two XXL helmets.
- Dampers on saddlebag and rear luggage-case lids, for smooth operation.
- Passenger backrest angle is 24.5º for a relaxed riding position that reduces pressure on the passenger's hips.
- Passenger backrest is 30mm tall, and thickness of the backrest foam is 5mm, for increased comfort on long rides.
- Premium suede-like seat cover on Gold Wing Tour and Gold Wing features enhanced feel and appearance.
- Apple CarPlay™ integration and Android Auto™ capability enable customers to seamlessly enjoy application services such as music, phone calls and messaging.
- 45 watt speakers for rich midrange audio (Gold Wing Tour includes two speakers at the front fairing and two at the trunk, while Gold Wing features two speakers at the front).
- Automatic volume-adjustment level for quality experience in a wide range of riding conditions.
- Navigation software includes speed-limit information and four options for map color.
- XM radio antenna standard.
- Rear turn signals in all red for a clean, stylish look.
- High aerodynamic efficiency complements an impressive power-to-weight ratio to maximize fuel mileage.
- Compact, high-performance side-mount radiator allows space for narrow front cowl.
- Air-guiding ducts flow optimal amounts of air into the rider area, allowing a true motorcycling experience.
- Electric windscreen, in varying heights depending on version, gives rider control over airflow through stepless adjustment for height and angle.
- LED headlight incorporates distinctive “wing line.”
- LED turn signals with auto-canceling function are integrated into mirrors at the front, and into the all-red taillights at the rear.
- Two-piece seat is shaped to allow rider to easily move around in the saddle during spirited riding, and to let passenger tour in comfort.
- Airbag version's collision-judgment system situated close to the center of gravity for optimal mass centralization.
ENGINE / DRIVETRAIN
The liquid-cooled, horizontally opposed six-cylinder engine has a low center of gravity, minimal vibration and quiet running. Available with a 6-speed manual transmission or with Honda's highly advanced 7-speed automatic Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT), the engine offers impressive performance and the magic-carpet-ride experience for which the Honda Gold Wing is known.
- 1,833cc liquid-cooled, horizontally opposed six-cylinder engine provides an enjoyable riding experience in a wide range of riding situations.
- SCM440H material for the crankshaft is strong, allowing a compact design.
- Unicam® valve train offers weight savings and maximum fuel efficiency while also contributing to the engine's compact dimensions.
- Four-valve head offers ideal combustion efficiency and fuel efficiency.
- Aluminum cylinder sleeves for low engine weight.
- Short engine configuration enables engine and seating area to be positioned forward in the chassis, affecting weight bias to promote sporty handling.
- Single, 50mm throttle body for low weight.
- Low intake-manifold volume for direct flow of air to combustion chamber, enhancing throttle response.
- Sporty exhaust sound achieved through optimized pipe diameter on two of the six cylinders, and the absence of fiberglass in the muffler.
- Standout fuel economy enables fuel tank to be made small for optimal vehicle packaging and low weight.
- DCT features Walking Mode for creeping forward and backward (.75 mph in reverse direction, 1.1 mph in forward direction).
- DCT models save weight through absence of reverse idle shaft, which is needed in the conventional transmission.
- Minimal shift shock and noise on DCT models, through use of fork-shaft dampers, master-arm damper and DCT clutch-center damper.
- Assist and slipper clutch on manual-transmission versions allow light lever effort and low shift shock on downshifts.
- Cam damper on manual-transmission versions minimizes shift noise and shift shock.
- Integrated Starter Generator (ISG) saves weight and minimizes noise at start-up.
The Gold Wing is equipped with innovative electronics for seamless performance, including a throttle-by-wire system that features multiple ride modes and convenient electronic rider aids. This advanced technology highlights the Gold Wing's unmatched comfort and excellent performance.
- Throttle-by-wire system provides basis for advanced electronics package.
- Four riding modes—Tour, Sport, Econ and Rain—help tailor the riding experience for specific riding conditions.
- On all four versions, Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC) system manages rear-wheel slip.
- Hill Start Assist simplifies starting from a stop on an ascent.
- Optimized cruise-control function for relaxed cruising.
- Smart Key for keyless starts and bag access.
- Vehicle Viewfinder system simplifies locating motorcycle, for instance in large parking lots.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System provides real-time status of tire pressure, also indicating when tire pressure drops below a certain level.
- Apple CarPlay compatibility enables the rider to access Apple Music and Maps, make phone calls and send dictated messages using Siri.
- Android Auto integration enables customers with Android 5.0 or later smartphones and the Android Auto app to seamlessly enjoy application services such as music, phone calls and messaging.
- 7-inch full-color Thin Film Transistor (TFT) display offers clear viewing of audio and navigation systems, as well as settings for individual rider-aid systems.
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION
Offering the optimal balance between stability and maneuverability, the Gold Wing chassis is engineered for comfort on the open highway and precision on tight backroads. The double-wishbone front suspension and Pro-Link® rear-suspension system complement the Gold Wing's aluminum frame, resulting in a smooth, confidence-inspiring ride.
- Robotically welded aluminum twin-spar frame.
- Optimized plate thicknesses in frame spars achieve ideal rigidity and flex characteristics.
- Single-sided swingarm with frame attachment on one side. This solution changes stress on the swingarm pivot plate, giving engineers more freedom in their approach to frame rigidity, ultimately enhancing vehicle maneuverability.
- Lightweight design for frame and swingarm.
- Short seat rail positions rider and passenger forward, enabling optimal mass centralization.
- Twin 320mm front-brake rotors, single 316mm rear rotor, for excellent stopping power.
- Radially mounted six-piston dual front-brake calipers and single three-piston rear-brake caliper.
- Electronically controlled combined braking system with ABS uses single modulator to minimize weight.
- Tires specifically designed for Gold Wing, in sizes 200/55-R16 (rear) and 130/70-18 (front).
- Double-wishbone front-suspension system minimizes friction and enhances agility, minimizing total shock transferred to the handlebars; the inertial mass of the components operated by the handlebars is reduced by 40 percent, for reduced steering effort.
- Bearings for all shaft bushings on front-suspension system minimize friction for both stroke and steering.
- Double-wishbone front-suspension system leads to compact vehicle package, as stroke trajectory allows a forward engine location.
- Pro-Link rear-suspension system delivers a comfortable ride.
- Convenient, electrically controlled suspension-damping adjustment uses stepping motor acting on a needle to control oil flow rate.
More than 50 Honda Accessories are offered for the various Gold Wing versions, enabling rider customization or to meet rider-specific needs.
- Meets current EPA and CARB standards
- California version differs slightly due to emissions equipment
# # #