- FourTrax Rancher (TRX420TM1)
- FourTrax Rancher ES (TRX420TE1)
- FourTrax Rancher 4x4 (TRX420FM1)
- FourTrax Rancher 4x4 ES (TRX420FE1)
- FourTrax Rancher 4x4 EPS (TRX420FM2)
- FourTrax Rancher 4x4 AT IRS (TRX420FA5)
- FourTrax Rancher 4x4 AT EPS (TRX420FA2)
- FourTrax Rancher 4x4 AT IRS EPS (TRX420FA6)
Honda continues to sell more multipurpose ATVs than any other manufacturer, thanks in large part to the FourTrax Rancher, which has long been a mainstay in the lineup. Whether getting work done on the farm or having fun on the trail, the Rancher is up to the task. Featuring eight different versions, the Rancher family offers the choice between Independent Rear Suspension or a swingarm-style rear end. Versions with Honda's Dual Clutch Transmission or Electric Shifting feature Honda's reverse-engagement lever, which makes the shift into and out of reverse a hassle-free affair. For storing work or play essentials, the Rancher comes standard with a front utility box that can be reached from the riding position when parked, and it accepts accessories from Honda's Pro-Connect system, which makes installing and removing luggage boxes a breeze.
ENGINE / DRIVETRAIN
- Compact engine with a low height, helping to centralize mass for optimum handling, and a narrow width that allows for a comfortable rider compartment.
- Engine is longitudinally mounted, allowing direct driveshaft alignment to front and rear wheels for maximum drivetrain efficiency.
- Honda TraxLok® 2WD/4WD allows both 2WD and 4WD riding with the flip of an electronic switch; 4WD with locking front differential, also engaged electronically, maximizes traction over rough terrain.
- On DCT-equipped models, low-range sub-transmission effectively doubles the number of gears.
- The shift map for DCT and Electric Shift Ranchers monitors engine rpm in real time during shifting, not just prior to the shift, to deliver smooth transitions from gear to gear.
- For DCT models, manual-override capability allows the driver to manually change gears even when in automatic mode. (The transmission reverts back to fully automatic mode after a few seconds.) This provides a high level of control, making it possible to downshift on corner entry or on descents, for example.
- A reverse-gear actuation mechanism for Electric Shift Rancher models makes shifting to reverse a one-lever, fully electronic operation that is quick, simple and easy for all hand sizes. This process is particularly helpful for work such as plowing snow, when constant shifting between forward and reverse is required.
- Honda's programmed fuel injection system provides clean, responsive power delivery and great fuel efficiency.
- Speed Override mode in TraxLok 2WD/4WD delivers excellent performance in deep mud and other extreme terrain, by allowing faster wheel speed with the front differential locked.
- 848 lb. towing capacity makes pulling loads for work a breeze.
- Evaporative emissions device complies with California Green Sticker requirements for year-round legal use in public off-road riding areas.
- Strong AC generator produces enough power to run electrical accessories.
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION
- Double-cradle steel frame engineered for optimal balance of stiffness, compliance and torsional rigidity for precise handling and a comfortable ride.
- Depending on application, available with either plush, trail-oriented Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) or a work-focused rear swingarm for minimal body roll. Both offer long travel and good ground clearance.
- Fully serviceable wheel bearings, pivot bushings and ball joints.
- Guards extend the full length of the lower suspension arms for full coverage of the driveshaft and outboard CV joints.
- Adjustable spring preload to tune suspension to match riding style or load.
- Rubber mounting of engine and exhaust system for reduced vibration and high-quality chassis feel.
- Electric Power Steering available for reduced steering effort (especially beneficial when front differential is locked), with a system that adjusts for vehicle speed and the steering force being used by the rider. EPS also reduces kickback through the handlebar.
- Ergonomics engineered for a riding position that allows rider mobility, control, comfort and safety.
- Contoured and comfortable seat for long days of work or play.
- Handlebar-mounted shifting and drive-mode controls are positioned for easy reach and give positive tactile feedback, even when the rider is wearing gloves.
- LCD multifunction display is easy to read and provides information on up to 13 functions.
- Dual 190 mm front disc brakes and a single 170 mm rear disc brake provide strong stopping power.
- Convenient, easy-to-set parking brake.
- Heavy-duty trailer hitch rated for up to 848-pound towing capacity.
STORAGE / CONVENIENCE
- A 1.9-liter utility box with weatherproof cover at the front deck is designed to keep sundries like phone, map and camera within easy access from the riding position (when stopped). This new storage compartment complements the utility box that is placed within easy reach on the left front fender.
- Front and rear cargo racks accept Honda Pro Connect accessories for smooth integration.
- Available Pro Connect accessories designed for precise fit, simple attachment with quick-connection latch system, and integrated function.
- Honda Pro Connect cargo rack modular system options
- Heated grips
- Recoil starter
- Rear bumper
- Body protection
- Aluminum wheels
- Cargo management
- Storage cover
Because we are so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Accessories, we are pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. One-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer.
Final accessories are TBD and are subject to change without notice.
WARRANTY: Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a HondaCare Protection Plan
- Meets current EPA and CARB off-road emissions standards
- Recommended for riders 16 years of age and older
# # #