- Rebel 500 ABS SE
- Rebel 500 ABS
- Rebel 500
- Rebel 300 ABS
- Rebel 300
As the best-selling entry-level cruiser models in the powersports industry, the Honda Rebel 300 and Rebel 500 offer a potent combination of approachable performance and head-turning style. These cruisers' 471cc and 286cc engines provide plenty of power for getting around town or cruising on the highway, and their smooth, linear delivery contributes to their user-friendly nature. Comfortable ergonomics provide a relaxed riding position and complement their balanced handling. Both models are available in standard and ABS versions, and the Rebel 500 ABS SE includes numerous pre-installed add-ons from the extensive list of Honda Accessories. With their minimalist design, iconic peanut fuel tank, LED lighting and blacked-out engine components, the Rebel 300 and Rebel 500 have a timeless look that any rider can appreciate.
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION
- Both models' riding positions are relaxed and neutral, with arms gently outstretched and feet dropping straight down to the mid-mounted pegs.
- Good ground clearances allow sporty lean angles.
- LED headlight, turn signals and taillight reinforce iconic look.
- LCD meter with gear-position indicator and fuel consumption provides pertinent information to the rider.
- To support the Rebel's low-slung look, its attractive tubular-steel frame holds the engine in three places and is designed to be as narrow as possible around the rider's inseam. Trail is set at 110mm, with 28° rake.
- The 41mm fork stanchions are set wide at 230mm apart, for rigidity, comfort and style, and the lower legs are blacked-out.
- Fork features buffing on inner pipe for smooth action.
- Fork angle is 30°, wheelbase is 58.7 in. wheelbase and seat height is 27.2 in., resulting in balanced, neutral steering.
- Shock damper tube uses nitrogen gas to stabilize damping force.
- Frame body has a narrow shape and includes an innovative rear loop that separates the seat from the stamped-metal rear fender.
- Dunlop tires (size 130/90-16 front, 150/80-16 rear) are mounted to 16 inch cast-aluminum wheels.
- Both the Rebel 500 and Rebel 300 are available in standard and ABS versions.
- Iconic, peanut-shaped fuel tank, aggressively raked front end and fat tires on large-diameter wheels result in stripped forms that express offbeat individuality from every angle.
- Blacked-out 45mm tubular swingarm with twin conventional, side-mounted dual shocks that feature two-step preload adjusters.
- Ignition is housed below the left side of the fuel tank.
ENGINE / DRIVETRAIN
- Assist/slipper clutch results in reduced effort in stop-and-go situations and enhances controlled deceleration.
- Rebel 500 is powered by a 471cc, eight-valve, liquid-cooled parallel-twin engine with strong bottom-end torque and a smooth, linear power delivery.
- Rebel 500 cylinder head uses roller rocker arms; shim-type valve adjustment allows them to be light, for lower valve-spring load and reduced friction.
- Rebel 500 has a silent (SV Chain) cam chain, with the surface of its pins treated with Vanadium to reduce friction through its increased protection against dust. Inlet-valve diameter is 26.0 mm with exhaust-valve diameter of 21.5 mm.
- Rebel 500 has reduced friction through the inclusion of striations on the piston skirt (a finish that increases surface area, introducing gaps in which oil can flow for better lubrication). An AB 1 salt bath process, used after isonite nitriding, forms a protective oxidization membrane.
- Rebel 500 crankshaft pins are phased at 180°, and a primary couple-balancer sits behind the cylinders, close to the bike's center of gravity. The primary and balancer gears use scissor gears, reducing noise. The crank counterweight is specifically shaped for couple-balance and its light weight allows the engine to spin freely, with low inertia.
- Rebel 500 crankcases use centrifugally cast thin-walled sleeves. Their internal design reduces the “pumping” losses that can occur with a 180° phased firing order. A deep oil sump holds 3.2 liters.
- Rebel 300 is powered by a peppy 286cc single-cylinder engine.
- Six-speed gearbox is designed to offer smooth gear changes.
- Blacked-out mechanical components for a tough, minimalist look.
- Specially designed muffler looks good and emits a pulsating exhaust note.
A full range of official Honda Accessories are available for the Rebel 500 and Rebel 300 and help create their own custom look. Available accessories include a stylish main seat, headlight cowl, meter visor, fork cover, and new saddlebag that can be removed without the use of tools and comes with shoulder straps for easy use when you leave the bike.
WARRANTY: Because we are so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Accessories, we are pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. One-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer.
Transferrable one-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a HondaCare® Protection Plan.
- Meets current EPA and CARB standards
- California version differs slightly due to emissions equipment
# # #