Responsible for welcoming legions of enthusiastic youngsters to the world of motorcycle riding, the pocketsize CRF50F is the powersports industry’s most popular 50cc trail bike. Considering its list of features, it’s no wonder: the fun-but-reliable 49cc air-cooled four-stroke engine delivers manageable power, and the bike is off-road-legal year-round in all 50 states. Suspension comprises an inverted fork and single rear shock. The low seat height and automatic clutch help little folks get acquainted to riding, while parents and guardians appreciate the machine’s reliability and low maintenance.
ENGINE / DRIVETRAIN
For youngsters who are new to riding, the priority is having fun, while parents typically look for reliability and ease of maintenance. The CRF50F’s little SOHC power plant delivers both, along with a quiet exhaust note and a USDA-approved spark arrestor.
- Dependable 49cc SOHC four-stroke engine develops smooth, easy-to-use power.
- 10.0:1 compression ratio for good performance and easy kick starting.
- Maintenance-free CD ignition and automatic cam-chain tensioner.
- 11mm piston-valve carburetor offers excellent fuel mileage and throttle response throughout the rpm range.
- Smooth-shifting three-speed transmission and automatic clutch offer simple operation and easy takeoffs.
- Durable #420 drive chain offers dependable operation and low maintenance.
- USDA-qualified muffler/spark arrester is efficient and quiet.
- Closed-crankcase ventilation system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
- Adjustable throttle limiter.
- Keyed ignition switch prevents unauthorized use.
- Easy-access washable foam air filter simplifies maintenance.
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION
With a kid-friendly layout and low seat height, the CRF50F is unintimidating for young new riders, but serious features like an inverted fork and single-shock rear suspension mean this motorcycle also delivers performance. In addition, colors and graphics that mimic those of the CRF Performance line spark little riders’ phantasies as they play Ken Roczen make-believe.
- High-tensile steel frame and swingarm offer excellent balance of strength and compliance.
- Inverted telescopic fork offers a plush 3.7 inches of suspension travel.
- Single-shock rear suspension provides 2.7 inches of well-damped travel and is mounted to a reinforced swingarm.
- 28-spoke, 10-inch-diameter wheels with die-cast-aluminum hubs look great, provide excellent maneuverability and offer smooth ride quality.
- Powerful, lightweight front and rear drum brakes.
- Wide, long-wearing off-road tires offer excellent traction.
- Front and rear suspension spring and damping rates for optimum rider comfort and bump absorption.
- CRF-R-inspired bodywork, with colors and graphics that celebrate the Honda Racing lineage.
- Narrow 4.3-inch-wide CRF-type seat, slim fuel tank and extra-low 21.6-inch seat height provide excellent comfort and mobility for a broad range of young riders.
- Motocross-style handlebar with padded protector.
- High-quality, comfortable grips.
- Folding, cleated foot pegs offer secure footing even in muddy conditions.
- Durable plastic fenders are nearly indestructible.
Transferable six-month limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan