- New "Keep Dreaming" brand spot showcases Honda’s commitment to achieving global carbon neutrality by 2050
- Campaign introduces first all-electric Honda SUV, the 2024 Prologue, along with past Honda breakthroughs and future products and innovations
- “Wall of Dreams” epic, interactive brand mural and AR experience in New York and Los Angeles features Honda dreams that have inspired and moved people globally for 75 years
Honda is launching an ambitious new brand campaign today, “Keep Dreaming” (honda.us/keepdreaming), with a new television commercial that takes viewers on a cinematic journey of the company’s environmental leadership, past, present and future. Fueled by The Power of Dreams, Honda is committed to achieving a global goal of carbon neutrality – net zero emissions – for all products and corporate activities by 2050. The “Keep Dreaming” campaign also features the first-ever Honda brand mural, “Wall of Dreams,” debuting in New York and Los Angeles, showcasing Honda dreams that have moved and inspired people while featuring an interactive augmented reality (AR) experience bringing Honda’s The Power of Dreams story to life.
The new “Keep Dreaming” brand campaign introduces Honda’s first all-electric SUV, the 2024 Prologue,while highlighting some of the company’s most important breakthroughs in lowering emissions over the past 50 years, as well as a glimpse at some of Honda’s most extraordinary future innovations.
“As we prepare to bring our first all-electric Honda SUV to market, we want to celebrate all of the Honda dreamers who have helped people through continuous pursuit of innovative mobility solutions,” said Jessika Laudermilk, Assistant Vice President, American Honda Marketing. “This new spot is a testament to the power of determination that has always guided Honda, while demonstrating how far you can go if you just keep dreaming.”
Honda “Keep Dreaming” Creative and Featured Products
Directed by the Academy Award-nominated Smith & Foulkes, “Keep Dreaming” continues building brand momentum following the recent “Forever Determined” and “Origin of Determination” Honda commercials. Featuring John Cena’s voiceover – the official voice of the Honda brand – and set to the soundtrack of “Edge of the Edge" by Panda Bear & Sonic Boom, the new sixty second TV spot features many iconic and electrified Honda products, as well as important future innovations, including:
- 1975 Honda Civic featuring the CVCC engine: the first engine to meet strict emissions standards of the U.S. Clean Air Act without use of a catalytic converter
- 1999 Honda Insight: the first hybrid-electric car sold in America
- 2008 Honda FCX Clarity: Honda’s zero-emissions, hydrogen-powered vehicle, and next-generation of the world's first production fuel cell car
- 2024 Honda Prologue: first all-electric SUV from Honda, spacious, adventure-ready and anticipated 300 mile1 EPA range rating with DC fast charging capability
- HondaJet 2600 Concept: the world’s first very light jet capable of nonstop transcontinental flight across the United States with a quiet and spacious cabin seating up to 11 occupants suited for long range, fuel efficient travel
- Honda Motocompacto: the affordable and fun new ultra-compact Honda e-scooter, designed for urban mobility
- All-electric Honda Autonomous Work Vehicle (AWV): represents a new category of capable work vehicle for companies that need autonomous operation or delivery solutions
- Honda eVTOL: Honda’s electric vertical take-off and landing aircraft aimed at making mobility in the skies more accessible for people
- Honda’s DREAMO lab: use of algae technology to capture CO2 emissions, then converting the algae to food and dietary supplements, biofuel or a bioplastic
- Honda’s space technology efforts: accelerating research and development of hydrogen technologies and renewable energy with a goal to create new value in the ultimate environment of outer space
- Resource Circulation: Honda’s commitment to sustainability by recycling or reusing every bit of the materials from Honda vehicles to create new products
“Wall of Dreams”
Extending the “Keep Dreaming” campaign, Honda commissioned its first-ever mural, “Wall of Dreams,” a unique artwork and epic visual story of Honda innovation past, present and future, in the form of groundbreaking Honda products and technologies that have moved and inspired people globally for 75 years. This interactive Honda mural features an AR experience that tells Honda’s The Power of Dreams story through a visceral display: hondawallofdreams.com.
Once the QR code is activated, the mural comes to life in an outward explosion of 3D AR animation. At eye-level, visitors will experience narrative Honda stories from the “Wall of Dreams” mural that burst through their mobile device – from Honda’s EV future and commitment toward achieving carbon neutrality by 2050 to Honda’s racing legacy and off-road vehicle capabilities. The Honda mural at sky-level will showcase these stories through a linear AR animation in a bold way, while using the sky as its canvas.
Debuting in New York City and Los Angeles, the Honda Wall of Dreams was created by award-winning illustrator Paul Shipper and will include high-impact out-of-home placements which can be seen in New York’s Times Square as well as Downtown Los Angeles, the famous corner at Hollywood & Highland, The Grove and Glendale’s The Americana.
Campaign Media Elements
“Keep Dreaming” will be featured across multiple media channels, from broadcast television and streaming to contextual digital media partnerships, as well as social media and in-cinema to reach a wide variety of audiences. Honda is airing the commercial spot within high-profile national sports programming in NHL, NBA Opening Night game, top-rated NFL and NCAA college football matchup. The campaign also will be featured on Hispanic media, including broadcast, streaming, digital and social.
Honda is extending the new brand campaign to TwitchCon Las Vegas, Oct. 20-22, with a unique and fun experience for the Twitch community. TwitchCon attendees will be among the first to check out the new, fully electric 2024 Prologue SUV in person and will get the chance to put their gaming skills to the test, as they compete in the latest iteration of Hondaverse (an immersive virtual world within Fornite’s creative mode) prior to its debut later this fall. There will be exciting streamer meet-and-greets as well as exclusive, limited edition merch giveaways throughout the weekend.
Honda offers a full line of clean, safe, fun and connected vehicles sold through more than 1,000 independent U.S. Honda dealers. The award-winning Honda lineup includes the Civic and Accord, along with the HR-V, CR-V, Passport and Pilot sport utility vehicles, the Ridgeline pickup and the Odyssey minivan. Honda's electrified vehicle lineup includes the Accord hybrid, CR-V hybrid, and, in the future, Civic hybrid. The Honda Prologue SUV, Honda's first volume battery-electric vehicle, will join the lineup in 2024.
Honda has been producing automobiles in America for over 40 years and currently operates 18 major manufacturing facilities in North America. In 2022, more than 99% of all Honda vehicles sold in the U.S. were made in North America, with more than two-thirds made in America, using domestic and globally sourced parts.
More information about Honda is available in the Digital FactBook.
# # #
1. Anticipated combined (city/highway) 300-mile EPA driving range rating for Prologue EX 2WD configuration with a full charge based on internal testing. Your driving range will vary depending on driving conditions, how you drive and maintain your vehicle, battery pack age/condition, and other factors.